Ebay estimated delivery dates

Hi all, just thought i would share a response from ebay about estimated delivery dates. I have just put a sentence on all my listings to NOT rely on the ebay estimated delivery date as they are often incorrect. We are getting more cases opened against us from international buyers because the item had not arrived in expected time, yet we posted same day as purchase.

This is their response

Just to inform you that eBay estimated delivery date, is not incorrect. It is eBay system who calculated this, it is a collective data. We based it on other seller who delivered the same item from the item location, same as to you, posted to the location of the buyer. As long as your listing has the correct handling time, dimensions and weight. Then there is no reason for your item to be posted to your buyer, late.

What a joke, customs and postal delays overseas are plenty of reasons for delay in delivery. Sellers can never be on the right side, no matter if you post instantly, it is still our fault if the item is delayed.

I'm starting to get very tired of their nonsense and we have been selling for 19 years.

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

And this is relevant to a year old thread how?

Did you actually read the posts on this thread before dragging it out of deserved rest?

When did you buy?

Do you think that parcels travel on a direct route between A and B without detouring through a sorting facility?

How do you know it hasn't been sent?

What has this to do with SELLING, the board you have posted on?

Message 31 of 32
Latest reply

@jonahquigley wrote:

Got an Items that is an hour away and I was told it was expected 4 day's later... they haven't even sent it yet.

If the ETA was 4 days and the seller is local to you, that means their handling time is at least 2 business days, probably 3. So, unless it's been longer than 3 days since you purchased, it's not surprising they haven't sent it yet. 

Message 32 of 32
Latest reply