Ebay notified me of wrong address.

Buyer advised they hadnt received item.  Ebay gave me the original  postal address.  Refunded in Paypal and noticed that address

was different to the one eBay gave me.  The buyer said she hadnt lived there for 10 years!  She has been buying on eBay for years

with the second address.  The sale was $8.50 with $3 post, wasnt sent with tracking as that would have made it too expensive. I would 

like to think this is  a genuine mistake by eBay, but  I am beginning to wonder  as the buyer messaged me early on and asked what was

the tracking number even though $3 was charged for postage.  Do you think the buyer is being honest saying she hasnt lived at the address for 10 years?  Cant get hold of eBay for love or money  to discuss.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Dusty, I've posted this in the longer thread that I started about this issue, but I suspect eBay might have fixed the issue with the incorrect addresses as of this month.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:
Dusty, I've posted this in the longer thread that I started about this issue, but I suspect eBay might have fixed the issue with the incorrect addresses as of this month.

Yes well if so, that's a great result moving forward for everyone. My point though is that IMO and my experience, there wasn't a problem if accessing directly on site from the order details. I have repeatedly made that point, and fully believe the issues were only from the ebay confirmation emails. If they've fixed the other issue, about time because that could have been absolutely disastrous had it continued. Moving on now

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

My point though is that IMO and my experience, there wasn't a problem if accessing directly on site from the order details. I have repeatedly made that point, and fully believe the issues were only from the ebay confirmation emails. If they've fixed the other issue, about time because that could have been absolutely disastrous had it continued. Moving on now

Your experience? You don't even have any listings active, yet are dismissing what someone else has reported about the error.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 13 of 13
Latest reply