Ebay seller fees, Paypal seller fees and shipping costs, is it refundable?

i sold a $600 bag on Ebay early March. Buyer paid in full including the shipping cost for me to post from Australia to Texas.

Buyer refused the bag and sent it straight back to me without filing a return case or any reasoning why she refused it. I also have a no returns policy on my ad and she did NOT file a return item with Ebay so no approval was given for the return from me or from Ebay.

Nevertheless, bag eventually got returned to me and I immediately refunded her a partial payment as I had Ebay Seller Fees, Paypal fees and of course shipping fees that has been deducted from my account. Ebay final value fees deducted by Ebay, Paypal fees deducted by Paypal and of course I had to pay the post office to ship the item to her.

Buyer has gone psychotic on me, she has written me 10 messages via Ebay platform with swear and foul language, i have attached a file for you all to see. I have since reported her inappropriate language to Ebay and have blocked her from bidding on any of my future items.

She has threatened to go to her lawyer to file criminal charges etc for a refund of A$150 (fees) as I have given her the rest of the refund back already A$504. Not sure if she understands lawyer fees is gonna cost her more than A$150!!

Anyway, she has filed a dispute to get the money back for the fees but how can I return her the fees monies if I don't have it myself, they have been deducted by Ebay, Paypal and post office respectively. 

So my question is, have I done the correct thing or do I have to refund her ALL her money? She refused the item, sent it back with no reason, did not file a return case whatsoever and really she has lost all Ebay Buyer Protection surely? But in good faith I have returned her most of her money minus the fees! 

I am hoping Paypal will rule in my favour and if she goes to her lawyer, her lawyer will tell her she is wasting her time for a mere A$150.

Please help, any advise or consolation will help me ease my mind.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Ebay seller fees, Paypal seller fees and shipping costs, is it refundable?

I made this same mistake and eBay still charged me fees as I didnโ€™t do official cancel, watch out this rort, they say they canโ€™t see a refund, youโ€™ll be fd over for sure. Good luck 

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply