Ebays Changed the rules again for Paypal Purchase Protection

***Updated: Reducing the window for PayPal Purchase Protection claims to impact seller performance***

19 November 2014 | 05:29PM EST

We�re updating the eBay seller performance standards to include new protections for sellers who accept PayPal payments on eBay.

The period of time that a PayPal Purchase Protection dispute will be counted as a defect under eBay seller performance standards will be reduced from 45 days to just 30 days from the latest estimated delivery date of an item, consistent with eBay Money Back Guarantee

. While buyers now have 180 days from payment to file a PayPal Purchase Protection dispute on an item that wasn�t received or was not as described, that claim will only count as a defect if made within 30 days of delivery. Buyers often receive similar periods of cover when paying for products or services by credit card.

Buyers paying for items with PayPal on eBay can choose to use PayPal Purchase Protection or eBay Money Back Guarantee should something not go quite right with a transaction but not both at the same time.

Read the latest on eBay Money Back Guarantee and the updates to PayPal's User Agreement and policies.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

something something something

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

How interesting.At least it's a start. 🙂

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Now if we could get eBay to remove the auto Defect when a buyer contacts a seller about a problem. If the seller sorts out the problem quickly and the buyer is happy then there should be no defect. Getting hit with the big Defect stick does not encourage good buyer seller relationships.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

ebay has still got a long way to the top if they want to encourge selling

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@billexploited wrote:

ebay has still got a long way to the top if they want to encourge selling

Yep.............It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll!

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

SNAP - I was just coming into say.............rock and roll

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

As long as ebay continues to act in a ludicrious manner I will continue to reduce my inventory and increase my website sales. I was a 1000 a month feedback seller in Feb this year. Now I am 300 a month. I have reduced my inventory on ebay by over 50% and my website sales are up 110% in the same time frame. My business is fitter smarter and more profitable without eBay. So ebay how do you propose to win my business back? My website average sale is 6 fold in $ value of my average ebay sale. If you can open  a website! It beats eBay hands down.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Chicko Roll dude..... 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@treasuress.4207 wrote:

Chicko Roll dude..... 

Chicko Roll? Never heard that used before, I always knew it as sausage roll.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply