Extra Fees when new "Auto-Relist until Sold" feature FAILS to relist

Below is a content of email I sent to Ebay Customer Service:

"Some of my listings keep inexplicably dropping off the "Relist continuously until an item sells" rule resulting in listings being moved to Unsold (which means new listing and new fee if relisted). Ebay charged me extra fees in Feb because of this and also counted this toward my 40 free listing in January.  Worst, this is still happening now.

I the past few months I experienced error messages when trying to click the checkbox "Automatically relist this item up to 7 times if it doesn't sell” inside the listing form. The error message was “You can't relist this, because you've selected to automatically relist it”?  But if the checkbox was unchecked how would I know it was selected already – this was the only way I used to select this option?! I looked it up and discovered that there were recent Ebay changes to the relisting method. It looks like there is some conflict with this transition. Interestingly, these relisting changes had been made to the US ebay with the same problems (according to user complaints) in 2014?!

Because of this experience I have made 100% sure, when listing in March , that I have the right option selected. I have selected the option in the pop up window at the end of each listing (as prompted by the new method). In addition (because of the previous experience), I went to the  "Assign Automation Rule" section to check that  all active listing  have the "Relist continuously until an item sells" option selected. 

Yet it worked for some items and some just drop off and were moved to Unsold. This is clearly recorded in the attachment ( just a couple of them to demonstrate the problem).  For some reason some items are being treated differently, which is evident from the conflicting information between the Title and the Status of the listings.  In the Title of some of the listings it is indicated that they had the "Relist continuously until an item sells" rule selected, yet  in the Status column there is  "Not Relisted" result?!. I used the exact same method for all items - 7 day Auction & "Relist continuously until an item sells".

Ebay is effectively suppressing my listings. I have many more things to sell but this is not helping.  Until recently I used to have many more active listings under the 40 free listings with relist up to 7 times, an option which Ebay deleted and replaced.

This is likely affecting other users, some might not realise it until they are charged extra fees.

1. Is Ebay aware of this issue?
  2. If not – not only your quality control fails, but you don’t even seem to learn from previous mistakes
  3. If yes – is this a new strategy to collect more fees?

This issue should be resolved ASAP and the extra charges should be refunded.

Regards"

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If you have a problem, suggest you contact Ebay directly by phone.  Email is useless, if you get a reply it will be purely bot generated.  Go to help at top of page and request a call back.  Normally a better versed CS will call you and usually quite quickly. 

Ebay neither read or respond here.  Responders are everyday sellers & buyers like you.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

TLDR

Way too hard to read without paragraphs, I'm sorry. Does your browser have the "25 words or less" function?
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Agreeded. And I doubt their bot system would even been able to pick up a key word from that to generate a reply anyway

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks daydreams_12.

I actually didn't expect Ebay to reply here  (it was just a text of email I sent to Ebay) . I posted it here to make the issue public so people are aware of the problem. Also, Ebay is more likely to reply if an issue is made public. And indeed I got a reply, a human one. But I agree, this issue does need a better versed CS, maybe their technical team.

Thx

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply