Fake buyer of my item

I placed an item for sale on ebay yesterday, this morning it is "Sold" but the item has not been looked at and the buyer doesn't answer my emails to finalise the sale. The item is a construction site shed, 7m x 2.4m. It is not something you would buy without looking at it. Is there anyway of contacting the buyer other than through messages on ebay?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Fake buyer of my item

eBay don't allow any contact details to be exchanged unless and until a buyer commits to purchase. So they can't look at it before purchase.

If they purchased this morning, why are you stressing already? Maybe they have a job. Maybe they don't live on eBay. Maybe they are offended that you are sending them messages (plural) within hours of the sale.

Give at least a little longer and be restrained about sending messages. I would suggest sending none for the moment, until the buyer has actually had a chance to respond. You can't do anything through eBay until Monday anyway.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Fake buyer of my item

Snap, I was just about to ask how they could come and look without 'buying'

I hope you did not call them fake in any of the messages

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Fake buyer of my item

I didn't send any messages.

I wonder if the OP will come back, given they originally posted this in CS.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Fake buyer of my item

SorrySmiley Sad

I meant to include 'OP' before the messages part

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Fake buyer of my item

Why is the buyer "fake"? 

If they bought the item today, how many messages have you already sent them?

They may be at work, intending to respond later to organise a time to come pick it up.

Since it was a BIN item, you have been paid, so why are you panicking?

Buyers cannot arrange to inspect anything without committing to the purchase first.

Geez, if I was being harassed within 5 minutes of buying something, I'd be seriously upset.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Fake buyer of my item

@mrsvjrussell wrote:

The item is a construction site shed, 7m x 2.4m. It is not something you would buy without looking at it. 

Why?  if you described the item accurately,  had sufficient photo's, its not always necesary to go and inspect.   

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Fake buyer of my item

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is still less than 24 hours since the sale and you are accusing the buyer of wrongdoing.

For what the item is I would not be suspicious if the buyer bought it without an inspection.

If the buyer comes to inspect it and pay cash they can still walk away if it is not what they expect from your description.

Just be patient and wait for the buyer to contact you.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply