Fed Up with Non Paying Buyers

odisau2
Community Member

I haven't sold on eBAY for over 1 year.

Got back into it last week and listed an iPhone for auction.

Within 2min of the auction finishing, the winner messages me, stating that they "accidently" bid on the item.

This was a major problem when I last used eBAY and it seems the problem has persisted. 

Really not worth the effort sometimes.

Just wondering if other sellers are experiencing the same thing and what have you done about it?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Message the underbidder and ask if they are interested in the phone as the winner states accidentally bid.

If interested inform them that you will send them a SCO as soon as the unpaid item case is closed.

Exactly 4 days after the end date open an unpaid item case as there is no way someone can accidentally bid in a 2 step process.

Buyer is issued with a strike on their account.

Then close the case 4 days later. Neither party can leave feedback and if underbidder doesn't buy then relist.

Also add the non payer to your BBL and set up blocks on your account to avoid serial non payers.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

No. Nothing.

But I don't sell phones on eBay, nor would I buy one. They are at the top of the list of scam-prone things to avoid. Buying OR selling.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Well, iphones and anything "high end" I would avoid selling on Ebay simply due to the amount of scams out there.

If you really want to proceed with selling these things, rather make your items "Buy It Now", with "Immediate Payment" required.

That will weed out the non-payers 100%.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply