Fibre content in fabrics and yarn.

*granny
Community Member

I've been looking at clothing - particularly winter skirts and jumpers - and have noticed some sellers don't seem to know the difference between wool and acrylic yarn, or fabric, often referring to ácrylic wool'. This means I have to ask if they mean mixed fibres (and if so what are the proportions) or do they mean acrylic yarn which looks and/or feels like wool.  I know not everyone would be concerned about this, but it could be an issue with some buyers.

Another clarifying point would be to say if a fabric is woven or knit.  The answer from one seller was that he/she didn't know how to tell the difference.  Perhaps sellers who are dealing with these sorts of items need to take the time to learn about them.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Yes they should, if only to protect themselves against claims of INAD!  I dont understand how someone can hope to sell something if they don't even know how to advertise it, or to say what it is made of.X-(

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Once again I will say that if a seller does not know how to give all information that is needed I will move on and find a seller who does.

No way would I waste my time emailing them.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Granny, that applies to ALL sellers. Get to know what it is you are selling first before trying to palm it off to a buyer.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply