Finalizing "Unpaid Item" causes item to relist with original quantities

I just finalized an unpaid item (i.e. requested Final Value Fee) and eBay relisted the unpaid item - it would be nice if this always happened, but it almost never does for some reason. However, it relisted the item with the original quantity. The seller had bought the last one so I only have one in stock, but eBay relisted multiple quantities.

This has never happened before (after many dozens of unpaid items over the years) so I'm wondering if it's a new bug.

Does anyone know how to (1) have Bay automatically relist an unpaid item once it's been finalized, and (2) have it relisted with the quantity in the unpaid item case, instead of the original quantity? 

I'm going to email eBay about it but I have never yet had a successful outcome when informing them of bugs.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If you use the Unpaid Item Assistant you can set it up to relist automatically

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/unpaid-item-assistant.html#relist

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks. I checked and I do have that option set to automatically relist. However, this is the first time it's actually happened, and it did it wrongly!

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

The eBay site has a glitch?  ๐Ÿ˜ฎ  Well that surprises me!  ๐Ÿ˜„

Sorry, I can't help with anything other than the link to the Help page. We don't use the Unpaid Assistant.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

It's not strictly speaking a glitch, it is just the way the system works, when multiple quantity items relist they relist with the original settings, so you need to edit the quantity manually. 

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Just edit the listing and reset the number,(minus the one you don't want added).

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

According to the Help page the Unpaid Item Assistant is supposed to relist with the available quantity, not the original quantity.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply