Free Postage??? How can one offer free postage with the item selling is only $1.95 .....

I see sellers in china selling rings for $1.95 with free postage....  how can this be done???  is there a deal they have with postage company???   when we sell something we have to make sure the postage money is there to send it in australia as post is not cheap???

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Free Postage??? How can one offer free postage with the item selling is only $1.95 .....

@par*a*dise wrote:

I see sellers in china selling rings for $1.95 with free postage....  how can this be done???  is there a deal they have with postage company???   when we sell something we have to make sure the postage money is there to send it in australia as post is not cheap???

Australia Post has agreements in place with many countries, in that they will heavily subsidise postage into Australia.

Different kettle of fish with outgoing postage, however, as the agreement is not reciprocal!

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

@evil_akuma_2002 wrote:

@par*a*dise wrote:

Australia Post has agreements in place with many countries, in that they will heavily subsidise postage into Australia.

Different kettle of fish with outgoing postage, however, as the agreement is not reciprocal!

Yep, us poor mugs here in Australia are subsiding Australia Post, to allow them to subsidise overseas company's.  Seems we try every trick in the book in this country to kill off local businesses and employment of Australian citizens!

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Not only that but China Post (read Chinese Govt) give international traders very special rates to encourage them to export.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

It has nothing to do with AP, they are signatories to the International Postal agreement where each country's delivery service delivers mail regardless of what the sender paid in the originating country. The Chinese government subsidise the postage as they want to increase exports as much as possible. Everyone complains about this but I don't see anyone complaining that AP don't pass on the charge for mail coming from countries where postage is more expensive.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@par*a*dise wrote:

You'll probably find that those sellers will have buy it now items that are much higher priced and often have a shipping cost attached. They earn their income from them. The cheap items are to get the buyers attention in the hope they will look at their other items and buyer the buy it now stuff.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Yeah. I'm a local seller who would have to pay at least $1.20 0r twice that for a more bulky postage so I cant sell it and make a profit. In fact with packaging and handling costs the losses would soon send me insolvent. Like the first sale. lol. So I can't compete and have to sell products only made in Australia. The PO just put up their prices too. great!  

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

P L E A S E check dates on threads before adding to them with no new info.  This has been at rest for 8 years. 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

You wouldn't have had to pay $1.20 in 2015, when the question was asked.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Hello everyone,

This thread is locked from further comment.

You are welcome to start a new thread that is relevant.

Thanks

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply