Free shipping within Australia

Hi I am new to ebay store and apparently doing some listings. My plan for my items to sell are free shipping within Australia.

How do i estimate the shipping fee so i could add it on my items selling price?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Go to the Australia Post site. They have a shipping calculator.

You would be better off using standard AP products. They are flat rate to Australia. Over 500g with own packaging the price varies depending on destination, whereas standard AP satchels and boxes are fixed price for up to 5kg.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Don't forget that eBay take their 10% fee so I think you need to use a formula like the following to arrive at a proper selling price:

x = Stock Price + Margin + Shipping Fee
y = x * 0.1
z = x + y

z is the price you will list at.

Ensure that z is competitive with other sellers of the same item, so try and find the best shipping price you can for your item.

Also, if you see yourself a good amount of parcels in the near future then consider signing up to MyPost so you can keep track of your deliveries and get discounts from Australia Post.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

OP doesn't seem to be in a hurry to sort things out. They asked the question a week ago, they are paying for a store and they still have nothing listed.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

OP doesn't seem to be in a hurry to sort things out. They asked the question a week ago, they are paying for a store and they still have nothing listed.

you are aware there is a promo atm running where NEW BUSINESS get free stores for 3 months as long as they are new user accounts.   So just going to the forum post they fall into this promo.  And if there NO HISTORY of ever using ebay in any shape or form before they also get free FVF for 3 months.  

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

see this post re it.  https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/new-seller-promotion-2020

@davewil1964 wrote:

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

No, I was not aware of that.

None of my accounts are new.

It doesn't really explain a lack of listings, though. They can't be sold if they're not listed, and the time to list and sell is when the promos apply.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply