GTC for 31 days

Some GTC listed in latest promo from 29th - 31st are showing as having 31 days until expiry, rather than the usual 30. Any ideas as to why?

Noticed yesterday that all listings done on the promo on 29th had the extra day added. 

TIA.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

GTC for 31 days

maybe because Feb is a short month?
Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

GTC for 31 days

Sometimes they are 30 or 31 and even 32 days.

Because of 30 day listings changing to monthly (GTC) so will cycle according to which date first listed.

I think eventually it will even out and become 30 days.

image host
Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

GTC for 31 days

Yeah, I wondered that too. If it had happened today i would've just thought the usual Friday glitch. Who knows? It is ebay afterall! 😄

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

GTC for 31 days

They're supposed to relist on the same day of the month every month, eg. list on the 17th and they roll over on the 17th of every month after that. That means sometimes they'll last for 30 days and some for 31.

Anything listed on the 31st is supposed to roll over on the 30th if a month hasn't got 31 days, then the next month they revert to the 31st, but that doesn't seem to be what's happening. The system doesn't seem to be able to handle listings done on the last day of the month.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/selecting-listing-duration?...

"Good 'Til Cancelled listings
When you list a fixed price item, it will relist every month on the same day until it's sold. For example, if you list your item on the 1st of May, it will relist on the 1st of June.

If you list your item on the 29th, 30th or 31st of a month, the duration will be adjusted if the following month is shorter, but will revert to the original day for longer months. For example, if you list an item on the 31st of May, it will relist on the 30th of June, and then again on the 31st of July and so on."

I've avoided listing on the 31st because it's too hard to keep track of but I'll have to keep an eye on what I listed yesterday and the ones that rolled over. If they all roll over in March instead of Feb I'll be short of listings in March.
Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

GTC for 31 days

Anyone else had a hiccup with this latest 'free' listing offer? After accepting the offfer, I had successfully relisted a number of items from my Unsold list, and I always keep an eye on the fees message, which appears 3 times in the process.

The first time after 'processing' the listings you have chosen to relist/sell similar, (and which appears as total fees on the bottom right of screen), the second time is after you hit the Submit button and the screen shows 'confirm and submit', the third time after the listings have been successfully submitted, there is a yet another statement of fees incurred. 

In the last lot of items I tried to relist, the final screen showed I incurred $8.25 in listing fees, although the previous two times the fees showed it was $0.00. I screen captured this and I have no idea how to check if I have actually been charged listing fees or whether I should be contacting ebay. 

I also tried relisting on my other ID (after accepting the offer) and the same thing happened. 

listings_fees.jpg

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

GTC for 31 days

If listings started or rolled over on the 29th or 30th or 31st of January end up rolling over in early March and not at all in February (as looks like happening), will they revert back to rolling over on 29/30/31 March? If they do, that's twice they'll roll over in March and use up listing entitlements.
Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

GTC for 31 days

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
If listings started or rolled over on the 29th or 30th or 31st of January end up rolling over in early March and not at all in February (as looks like happening), will they revert back to rolling over on 29/30/31 March? If they do, that's twice they'll roll over in March and use up listing entitlements.

I have n't had any problems with last day of month rollovers. If the month has 30 days they roll on the 30th, then the next month the 31sts roll on 31st.

I haven't checked when the ones I've done yesterday and today end, but I won't be happy if I have to end and relist them on 29th Feb to avoid, as you said, overusing March's listings.

Edit: The ones I did yesterday are showing 29 days left, so 29th Feb.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

GTC for 31 days

The ones I just did are showing as 29 days and 23 hours. 

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

GTC for 31 days

All ours - both those that have rolled over on the 30/1 or 31/1, and those we've newly listed, are all showing as ending (ie. rolling over) on 1 March, not 29 Feb.

Not a problem for our store id, but possibly on the non-store ones.
Message 10 of 21
Latest reply