Getting paid for an item that was picked up

madburna
Community Member

A buyer picked up an item I sold last week and the money is still 'on hold', even though she has left positive feedback and happy to do everything she can to confirm all is good.

The funds just say 'on hold until 22 Feb' even though they show as delivered

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As I mentioned, you could contact eBay and *ask* if they will consider releasing the funds earlier

*IF* you get a nice rep, they may 'do you a favour'

But very unlikely for just one positive and no tracking 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

That is correct

You are seen as a new seller by eBay, and as such, like everyone, your funds will be on hold for 30 days

Unlikely one positive feedback will get your funds released early, but you could contact eBay and you might get very very lucky

Hopefully you read up on all the other changes that have happened since you last sold something

There have been a lot, and if you were not expecting your funds would be held (as they would have been even if you posted the item with tracking), you'll need to make sure there is nothing else you missed 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

The better way to have done it would have been to only accept cash on the pickup.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Hi, thanks for the feedback. So I just need to wait? (nothing else to do?)

Kind regards

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

As I mentioned, you could contact eBay and *ask* if they will consider releasing the funds earlier

*IF* you get a nice rep, they may 'do you a favour'

But very unlikely for just one positive and no tracking 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

The same thing is happening to me right now, did you resolve the issue to get paid earlier or did you just have to wait till the release date?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@kingke682 wrote:

The same thing is happening to me right now, did you resolve the issue to get paid earlier or did you just have to wait till the release date?

You may have trouble getting it early even if they leave positive feedback and  you get a nice Ebay rep.  With a negative feedback for non delivery I would hope they would make you wait.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply