HELP!! ** READ ** CANT MAKE SELLER ACCOUNT

I have navigated to...

My ebay > account > personal information > financial information > Update your automatic payment method > direct debit >

setup automatic payments > you need to create a sellers account, create sellers account > credit/debit card

then on the credit/debit card it says enter security code but debit cards dont hav security codes so how can i set up payments using my debit card if i have to enter a cvv??

HELP THANKS

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I have debit cards with three different banks and they all have security cards on the back.  By debit card they mean a Visa Debit, not a bank account ATM card.  You need to have a credit card or Visa debit card.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

As penny said, I have a Mastercard debit card, it is like a credit card but cannot go into debt and needs to be topped up before making purchases.

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

@pennyforum14 wrote:

I have debit cards with three different banks and they all have security cards on the back.  By debit card they mean a Visa Debit, not a bank account ATM card.  You need to have a credit card or Visa debit card.

What about eftpos debit cards?

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

No. it has to be a credit card or a visa debit, something they can get their hands on if you do a runner. LOL

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

No, it needs to be either a credit card or a Visa/Mastercard Debit card, one that works just like a credit card but uses your own funds.  eBay cannot charge your fees to an EFTPOS card, the card you use must be able to be charged for services just like a credit card.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

You have a BANK CARD (no CCV / security number... AKA EFTPOS card / ATM card)

You need a DEBIT CARD (always have a CCV / security number)

They are NOT the same thing.

A bank card is used to withdraw money from *most* ATMS and *most* EFTPOS lines (not all)... only the ones your bank specifically has deals with. Thats it. They are really old school! They are found more often with credit unions etc these days.

A debit card is a card that allows you to make any type of electronic transfer - they actually use the credit card lines. You can transfer from wherever to whereever, as well as withdraw from ATMS, and use all EFTPOS systems... that is a "Visa debit card" or "Mastercard debit card" etc etc.  Anything that a credit card does, but with your own savings - a bank card is much more restrictive.

You can ask your bank to turn your card into a debit card (pick visa or mastercard usually), it doesnt cost anything, they will just send you a new card.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

On my Visa card the security code is the last 3 numbers on the back, next to the signature.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

If you have a choice between a Visa Debit card and a Mastercard Debit card always go for the Visa....it definitely allows for chargebacks whereas the Mastercard debit card is much more restrictive on the features it allows.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply