Have you left your job to soley concerntrate on eBay?

Hello all,

Has anyone on here left their employment to concerntrate strictly on eBay and online selling?

If so, can someone give me their experience as to how long it took to stabalize and what was the most valuable lesson you learnt from making this commitment.

I have attended alot of eBay seminars and I am very excited about the prospect of creating an online business to bolster my families income, would love my wife to be able to stay at home to run it.

All stories and bits of knowledge will be very welcomed indeed.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Have you left your job to soley concerntrate on eBay?

I get the gripes and complaints from eBay members. I have been at the end of many suspension and account closers. Back in 2004 I was doing at least$700 a week selling DVDs. Easy.

I had an account with an overseas supplier and was buying and selling cult and b grade movies just as the boom started. I got shut down because an Australian company got the rights to a movie I was importing. Ebay took the film down, I relisted it and argued that it was a legitimate item and that I had the rigt to sell my own personal property. Ebay took it down again (second time). Gues what I did, I figured that I was getting in trouble due to the item not starting that it was an import and not the version being sold in Australia. eBay for a third and final time took it down and suspended my account.

I was off eBay for many years until one day I started this account.

But in saying that, other sellers have thrived, I would believe the stories of ebay not playing fair if I didn't personally know a seller who makes 80 to 90 percent of her sales off this site and lives in a very nice apartment overlooking the beach at The Entrance in NSW.

Her product is her passion and nothing beats loving what you do, so that might be a small part to her survival.

It is possible, like I said I attend alot of seminars for online selling and they all state eBay as a very powerful tool. I would be very willing to share my steps if I knew exactly what they were to reach a successful online retailer goal.

I have been told many times that the first 18 - 24 months should be used to aquire stock. Unload all the profits back into the business, this is all done BEFORE you would consider leaving your job........

Step 2???????????????????

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply