Having issues with Ebay Customer Service and Sending a Label and Funds to Buyer

Good afternoon

I hope you are all well

I am having difficulty with transacting through eBay.  I have customer that has asked for a refund as they state the item is damaged.  The customer is from the US and I am from Australia as the seller.  eBay does not send International Labels, so I have obtained a postage label though USPS but need to send the buyer the funds in order for the buyer to attend the Post Office.  

I conducted a similar transaction the prior day without incident.  But on this item, there isn't the same option available to me.  All I am able to do is provide the seller with a refund only.  I can only provide the label thru messaging the buyer.  There is no record other than through message that I have sent him a postage label and eBay advises me to go off eBay and send money to the buyer via PayID or PayPal.  Isnt that against Ebay Policy and if so wont eBay refuse to help.

I tried contacting the Help Centre but they were unable to explain why one transaction was floorless and the next one has issues.  I asked why the options were different and they stated because they were different transactions.  But arent eBay's systems the same?

All I want to do is conduct my business through eBay. Send the seller a postage Label and the funds so that they can return my item.  Ebay Customer Service was not able to help me.  I asked to speak with a Supervisor but they would not put me through.  I was told that one would call me in 24 to 48 hours but I never get a call back.  The Customer Centre has now put a hold on my payments as a result of me stating I wanted to complain about the Help Centre's Staff.

What an abuse of power.

Can someone please help me with advise on how I can transact my business and send the label through with a payment.  I know it can be done as I have previously done it but why am I not able to do it now.  It doesnt make sense

PLEASE HELP

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If you have already sent them the label,  why do you need to give them more funds.  Maybe I have read it wrong

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

If you have already sent them the label,  why do you need to give them more funds.  Maybe I have read it wrong

I wondered the same thing. Maybe they meant the refund, which they'd be stupid to send before the item has been sent back. Once the buyer has the refund, there is little chance of them going to the effort to send it back.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply