Having touble listing

I am computer illiterate really when things go wrong. I can check into my ebay, but when I go to list anything I get the sign on form which when filled in does not allow me to get onto my ebay. I can via my mini ipad but cannot add photos from my camera onto that and it is too small to use to list items anyway. I have tried closing my computer and deleting cookies etc. Any help would be appreciated thanks. 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Having touble listing

Clear cache and cookies. Reboot your computer.

In a decade you've never had this issue before?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Having touble listing

You're stuck in a login loop. I often have that issue with Firefox, but never with Chrome. Most of the time shutting the browser down via task manager fixes it, although yesterday I had to clear out cache to fix it, then restart browser.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Having touble listing

Clear cache and cookies. Reboot your computer.

In a decade you've never had this issue before?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Having touble listing

You're stuck in a login loop. I often have that issue with Firefox, but never with Chrome. Most of the time shutting the browser down via task manager fixes it, although yesterday I had to clear out cache to fix it, then restart browser.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Having touble listing

Hi, told you I am computer illiterate! I always go to internet options to regularly delete history cookies etc, but this is a new computer and I have never rebooted it. Anyway with your advice thanks, and the help of google on how to reboot my computer , all seems fixed now thanks so much. 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Having touble listing

i reboot every few days. the RAM clogs up and it becomes AT.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Having touble listing

Reboot computer = turn it off, turn it back on again.

I reboot every few months, or when stuff starts getting sluggish. Although it's been more frequently lately because my internet keeps dropping out and the only way to get it going again is to restart the computer.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Having touble listing

The ram generally does not clog, what usually slows a computer down is the type of hdd you have and startup programs. You can see what startup programs you are running by typing msconfig.exe in your run window/search bar depending on what version of windows you have and clicking on the startup tab. Take everything out you dont need. 

You can search for the program name in google to see what it is or does and its relevance to you.

A solid state drive is extremely fast, and I load windows 10 in about 7 seconds max. i would recommend one.

2gb of ram is more than enough. 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Having touble listing

wow, i shut my puter off every night and restart every morning. i thought that was what everyone did. and the ever unreliable 4g telstra wireless modem, uurrgghh! if i left that on all night the battery would be flat in the morning. i really liked my original pre 'g' modem with its external airials and plug pack power supply that never failed until a lightning strike killed it and i got 'upgraded' to the much better haha 3g battery powered thing.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Having touble listing

I also turn off every night - saves a lot on electricity bills.

But what I wanted to say was I too have a 4G wireless modem.  However, I bought a Netgear cradle, complete with external aerials, and I haven't had drop out issues at all (obviously except for when Telstra crashed).

The area I live in has pretty high traffic, and after tolerating (??) Optus for 18 months. bit the bullet and went back to Telstra.  

I'm sure having the Netgear cradle is what allows me to access the internet at any time with zero problems.  Might be something to think about.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply