How can a seller use pay on pick up as per policy?

go-tazz
Community Member

The Accepted payments policy still states:

Sellers who offer payment on pickup may include the following statement in their listings:

"Contact me for payment methods for paying on pickup."

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html

So eBay aren't following their own "rules/policy" as how can a buyer pay on pick up if eBay wont let them

exchange contact details.

Apart from them being paranoid about sellers dealing off site it's also a brought in more revenue for PP.

Ultimately IMHO they are trying to push members to list pick up items on Gumtree so that it might increase in

size and volume.

I have a few items that are pick up only but I'll be listing them on FB,(cash in hand and no fees or sanctions

if either of us did something "wrong")good.gif

The last pick up item I had on this site I had to refund the PP payment as they couldn't pick up,(too far away).

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

@egglesdtp wrote:

@justcruising48 wrote:

Ebay removed an item that I put as payment on pickup only. I was told I had to offer paypal as an option. I did not want to do that after reading the boards about the problems with paypal payments on pick up items. Ebay said I had no choice as needed to put paypal on my listing? 

You can put Paypal as an acceptable form of payment in your listing, but you don't have to accept it for pickup items. If any of my buyers pay for a PU item (and I state cash on PU is 'preferable' in my listings), then I just refund it and explain I accept only cash on PU. 

That may have changed as you didn't have to have PP as a payment option for pick up items ,(you now do

have to have it as a "safe" option so new "rules" apply).

There's only one exception: Sellers who offer payment on pickup may include the following statement in their

listings: "Contact me for payment methods for paying on pickup."

But you can't exclude/discourage PP payments as then other rules apply.

• Discouraging buyers from using any payment method the seller specified in the listing.

• Discouraging buyers from using eBay's accepted payment methods

Sellers who state in their listing that they accept certain payment methods must not selectively offer those

payment methods to buyers or discourage buyers from using those payment methods.

Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

Funnily enough once sold we were able to exchange phone numbers via ebay no problem at all. Cash and pick up then easily organised. Must have been lucky. 

Message 22 of 22
Latest reply