How do I announce an absence from ebay accounts, when going overseas for approx. month?

How do I leave/add a notification (which is visible to all prospective buyers) to my 3 ebay accounts, informing buyers I'll be away & unable to post items, for a specific amount of time, while overseas?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

How do I announce an absence from ebay accounts, when going overseas for approx. month?

If you have a shop you can put it in holiday mode and a message will appear on your listing saying that you are on holidays.

If you dont have a shop you can put a message on your listings saying the same thing but you will need to do it on each listing - there is no magic button to do it.  This only works if people read your listings description - and most dont !

What I do is go through and make all my listings a '0' items available . This stops people buying as the listings dont get shown. When you come back from holiday just reset everything back how ever many you have and away you go ! 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I'd make the listings not visible - less problems that way.
You'll always find some customers don't read any notices that you leave.

One option is to 'extend' your handling time to cover the period you're away.
Not what I'd do - but it's an option.
You won't get 'dinged' for late shipment - but the customers might get cranky

If you have a store - easy - put it in 'holiday' mode.
Non-store - this is a bit tricky BUT it can be done with GTC listings only.

I recently put 2 non-store ID's 'on holiday' for 3 weeks while overseas & made all listings 'invisible' but didn't lose previous sales history.

1. Change your 'out of stock' option in myebay>seller account>Site preferences>Use out of stock option to 'YES'
2. Edit all listings to show '0' stock - all the listings will now become invisible.
3. When you return - edit all listings & return the stock levels back to what it should be.
4. Make sure to change your 'out of stock' option back to NO - otherwise you'll pay for listings even without stock or showing.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

you can only do that if you have a STORE
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Only store subscribers have the option of a holiday mode for their listings.

You are best to end listings and relist upon return.

And going by the regular promo's for free listings you will probably be able to relist for free and have $1 fvf if you relist on a weekend.

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

If you have a shop you can put it in holiday mode and a message will appear on your listing saying that you are on holidays.

If you dont have a shop you can put a message on your listings saying the same thing but you will need to do it on each listing - there is no magic button to do it.  This only works if people read your listings description - and most dont !

What I do is go through and make all my listings a '0' items available . This stops people buying as the listings dont get shown. When you come back from holiday just reset everything back how ever many you have and away you go ! 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Personally, I think is is far too big of a risk to put a message on your listings simply because so many buyers do not read the listing 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I'd make the listings not visible - less problems that way.
You'll always find some customers don't read any notices that you leave.

One option is to 'extend' your handling time to cover the period you're away.
Not what I'd do - but it's an option.
You won't get 'dinged' for late shipment - but the customers might get cranky

If you have a store - easy - put it in 'holiday' mode.
Non-store - this is a bit tricky BUT it can be done with GTC listings only.

I recently put 2 non-store ID's 'on holiday' for 3 weeks while overseas & made all listings 'invisible' but didn't lose previous sales history.

1. Change your 'out of stock' option in myebay>seller account>Site preferences>Use out of stock option to 'YES'
2. Edit all listings to show '0' stock - all the listings will now become invisible.
3. When you return - edit all listings & return the stock levels back to what it should be.
4. Make sure to change your 'out of stock' option back to NO - otherwise you'll pay for listings even without stock or showing.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

When I go away , not having a store, I take everything off a week before, so I have no worries about defects etc, if not posted on time. Even its only for a week. Going overseas in March, so everything will be taken off. Unless everything is sold by then of course. LOL.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks v. much for your input - much appreciated!
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply