How do I change country?

Hello. 

I originally registered my account in the UK years ago and have been buying and selling occasionally. Recently however, I have moved to Australia, and even though I've updated my address, my account is still tied to the UK. 

How can I change my country? 

Also, if this requires contacting ebay support, how can I do this? I see no option to contact a human being, everything on the site seems to loop back to support articles. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

How do I change country?

Update: when I go to account settings, personal info, I can see my country / region as Australia, along with my Australian address. However when I go to the seller dashboard I can see the seller limit is displayed in British pounds and is much much lower compared to what it was when I still lived in UK. 

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

How do I change country?

go to ebay help (top of page) follow links for a 'live chat'

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

How do I change country?

Given that you don't have a huge amount of feedback, just create a new account. All you need is a different email address, which you can easily find online for free.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

How do I change country?

Hi,

Did you get this resolved?  Like you, I've just moved from the UK to Australia and want to relocate my account but the option to change my registered country is greyed out.

Thanks

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

How do I change country?

I have the exact same problem - moved from the UK to Australia and the option to change my country is greyed out. I can manually alter my address but it insists that I select a British county to go with my new Australian address :s  I'd be interested in a solution to this as I really don't want to restart with a new account. 

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

How do I change country?

mega_riddi
Community Member

Im having the same issue 😞

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

How do I change country?

@mega_riddi wrote:

Im having the same issue

You have 5 feedback and registered in Australia. If you have moved from Australia to another country, create a new account. It's not worth the drama for 5 feedback, that you've gained in 7 years.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

How do I change country?

Have you tried using ebay.com.au vs ebay.co.uk? That was the solution for me. It was still directing me to the UK specific site  🙂

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

How do I change country?

OP hasn't been on the boards since they asked the question, so they've either solved the issue or given up. They certainly didn't login to see replies.

And the question was re account registration, not where they are directed by default.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply