How do I stop Ebay from relisting my items? I didn't ask to relist them.

How do I stop Ebay from relisting my items? Some I don't want relisted and I haven't asked for this. It also messes up my 40 free listings for the month. 

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Go to revising your items and untick the automatic re listing feature ( at the bottom of the page right near the end of editing your listings)
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

In what respect?

You get 3 relists for free, so that shouldn't affect your 40 standard. Plus there is a 150 promotion on for non-stores up until Monday. Try to get on that.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I think you are missing the point,  

If a seller doesn't want auto relists, eBay SHOULD NOT HAVE THE BOX ALREADY TICKED.  That is the sellers perogative to opt in or not.  And that little tick is easy to miss if one is listing a lot of items...!!!

And yes it could mess up the OP's 40 frees for the month, as those that OP didn't want relisted would have to be ended, but obviously do come out of the 40.

As the 150 free is for another 2 odd days, OP may choose to list other items that do not come off the 40 free.  Great if that can be an advantage for this week.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

I think you are missing the point,  

If a seller doesn't want auto relists, eBay SHOULD NOT HAVE THE BOX ALREADY TICKED.  That is the sellers perogative to opt in or not.  And that little tick is easy to miss if one is listing a lot of items...!!!

And yes it could mess up the OP's 40 frees for the month, as those that OP didn't want relisted would have to be ended, but obviously do come out of the 40.

As the 150 free is for another 2 odd days, OP may choose to list other items that do not come off the 40 free.  Great if that can be an advantage for this week.

The free relists are exactly that. They do not come out of the standard free listings except when initially listed.

The only effect FREE relists would have is if the seller has selling limits and they conflict with those.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Davewil, I am well aware the 3 relists do not come out of the 40. 

OP's point was that he/she did NOT WANT SOME ITEMS TO BE RELISTED.  If he/she then has to cancel unwanted relists, IT DOES COME OUT OF THE 40,  affecting OP's limits to list other items up to the 40 free per month.

There is no other issue here.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

If he/she then has to cancel unwanted relists, IT DOES COME OUT OF THE 40,  affecting OP's limits to list other items up to the 40 free per month.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is wrong.  The original listing came off the 40, but any subsequent relists don't come off the 40 or off anything else, therefore if you end them they can't and won't affect anything!

To the OP, in your Active Selling list, there's an option to 'remove auto relist' on the drop down menu to the right of each listing.  If that option is showing then it means your item will automatically relist at the end of its current cycle.  To remove it from a listing, simply click on the link to remove it.  You can check immediately after you list an item or you can check it just before they're due to end, after you've had time to think about whether you want it to relist or not.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks everyone for your replies. Your help was appreciated. I did find that box ticked on the RH side of the listing, so was able to untick them.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Good for you. Now you don't have to worry about eBay giving you free relists. The emphasis is on FREE.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I have done the above several times and ebay still re lists my items.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply