How do I stop a blocked bidder from sending messages?

I have blocked a person from bidding on my items.  How do I stop the person from sending further messages asking personal questions?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

in your My eBay click on your account, from there click on Site Preferences, left hand side, scroll down click on Block Bidders, and cut and paste the email you want block, then click Saver.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You cannot block them from contacting you when they have had a recent transaction with you.

The block will only take effect when that transaction times out (about 6 weeks I think).  After that they should not be able to contact you.

In the meantime you can report the messages to ebay or just ignore them.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

You can never completely block them because even though they may not be able to ask through a listing they can still click on your profile and then click on Send Message.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Why stop them? If you delete them without even opening them you have the satisfaction of knowing that they are wasting their time. If they  email you direct, not through ebay, send them one message asking them to stop contacting you then report any subsequent mails as spam, again wi\thout opening them..

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply