How to get rid of frauds

I listed an item recently and straight after I isted it someone bought it and asked for an invoice, then he did the scam where he send a fake email asking for my paypal email and for me to message him via email. So I cancelled the listing and re listed and the same thing happened again. All I want to do is make it so I dont do invoices and they just have to pay normally. I also ticked no international shipping and the 2 people who "bought" my item where from overseas. Any help would be great to stopping these guys ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How to get rid of frauds

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Just saying no international shipping is not sufficient.   You have to actually block overseas bidders.

Sorry I can't tell you how to do it....I am not a seller.

If an overseas bidder wins/buys the itm you can cancel it with the reason that you do not post to the buyer's address.

You will find that a lot of buyers want an invoice before they pay...that is not an unreasonable request.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

How to get rid of frauds

Having ' No International Shipping ' should be enough, I have never had a problem.

But try going into Site Preferences, Countries You Do Not Ship to, mark all.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

How to get rid of frauds

if you're talking about the shoes - you can set it so that when a buyer "buy's it now" they have to make immediate payment via paypal, otherwise the listing remains active and available for other buyers to purchase.

you can do this by setting the options show in the attachment below in the "payment policy" section when listing your item. if you've already listed your item, you can revise the "payment policy" to reflect it to look like this.

obviously, this only works for "buy it now" items. hope that helps :] 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

How to get rid of frauds

Set your site preferences to block buyers with an address you don't ship to.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply