How to stop annoying/harassing messages from a disgruntled bidder?

The title said it all, he didnt like my excuse of closing down my auction and told me he didnt beleive me so now he sent me 9 copies of the same original message asking me why I ended my auction and removed his bid. I reported it to customer support and wait for the reply, this is his first message:

Why did you terminate my earlier bid?

To reset the counter hoping more bidders come along?

Please explain....(!)

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

@gold_trip wrote:

This is what he just sent me now:

Listen here Mister!

I took part in one of your auctions and was in line to win it before you opportunistically closed it prematurely so that my winning bid did not materialize.

I then forwarded you a clarification question to which you responded with something that does not stand to reason as, quite clearly, eBay allows you to add new photos to an auction item whilst it is in process.

It is neither fair nor proper to sabotage an existing auction whilst it is in motion simply because you are greedy and want more for your item. Nevertheless, I was happy to let it pass and not report you as I have more important things to divert my attention to...

Now that you claim that you reported me for harassment, you are forcing my hand to report you based on a statement of fact..... if you received multiple messages from me (identical), it will have been the result of a technical problem... certainly not an attempt by me to harass you.

Truth always hurts! Imbecile!!

I'm not answering the buyer, as such, just referring to a couple of things they have -

The multiple (identical) message thing could well be a tech issue - I find it happens sometimes when people send me a message via an app on their phones, usually it sends 2-3 times.

That being said, you didn't really owe this member anything. You didn't even owe them an explanation as to why the bid was cancelled and auction ended. I get that this sort of issue causes frustration for bidders, but they have no claim over an item unless they've won it and paid for it, in real terms.

They seem to have taken your actions personally, and tried to take a pot shot about greed, but considering all that really happend was that an item was started over and updated, no increase in price and the same opportunity to bid / win (at least, in the beginning), at best the extra time for the auction to end would have been a mild inconvenience (or so I presume, since I can't see they've taken issue to the extended time frame) - maybe the better photos make it more likely the item will fetch a better price, but that'd just mean the buyer wouldn't have won, or would have paid more if they did, so a bit of resentment over that, p'raps.

They have nothing to report you for.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

As already been mentioned. Put him on your Blocked Bidders list immediately.  🙂

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Sound advise horizon 🙂

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

What a "Doozy" 🙂 🙂

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

@gold_trip wrote:

No,  I relisted it at the same price, this messaging thing started after I relisted it, just with better pictures, he was still able to rebid on it up until he started demanding this and that and now name calling, which i have placed another complaint with customer support about this member. I think his upset because I removed his bid and I blocked him after the second message.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

I just replied to his last email:

Resorting to name calling now? how old are you?

The truth is I originally had 11 pictures and I was not allowed to remove any (without re'listing it) , so I only had a choice to add only "One" additional picture, that's when I decided to re'list "My" auction. That's the truth, ask eBay customer support if you cant be bothered reading eBay's policies for listing and bidding.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

Just got another 2 paragraph message, im not replying to this person no more, only report him. Btw he is threatened to report me to eBay lol, now thats funny.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Good idea, just ignore him. Keep all the emails as proof.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Report this ! (one of those things)

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply