I Have Just Issued A Refund Can The Buyer Still Leave Feedback?

I have just refunded a buyer his money because the Address Postcode did not match where he wanted it sent can he/she still leave feedback after a Complete refund was sent.??

Message 1 of 71
Latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

@thecatspjs wrote:

@am*3 wrote:

We can't just go around changing the address to what we think it might be.

No, the best option is to contact the buyer and ask them to confirm their address, if it is different get them to change it on eBay & paypal

The buyer I had confirmed her State was WAS not NSW as she had showing.  I posted the item to WA without waiting for her to change it (newish buyer).

still waiting for your advice on how you manage these sales am*3.  ..... So after they change their address, how does the order form and paypal transaction address get changed.  Or do you just refund and cancel transaction and get buyer to repurchase ??

The buyer I had confirmed her State was WAS not NSW as she had showing.  I posted the item to WA without waiting for her to change it (newish buyer).

The buyer needs to correct  their address on eBay and Paypal when the seller points it out to them it is wrong. Did I say they had to do that first before I send the item to the correct address??

how you manage these sales am*3. One sale

Message 51 of 71
Latest reply

I just got a wrong address through the ebay label system

well the address appears to be correct, but they have newcastle in the wrong field.

I can't even work out how to edit that info.

I have the buyers PM confirming that's their address, but the system won't allow me to proceed.

So, if it's ok to just change the address and insert whatever you think is the correct address, then why won't ebay let us edit it?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 52 of 71
Latest reply

i refunded a buyer as she changed her mind..then 2 months later she left negative feedback saying 'item not received'. ebay refused to remove it even though there was proof of the refund through paypal, they said feedback was a buyers opinion!! all parcels are now covered by tracking so theres no real problem i can see of anything going missing. i use clicknsend on the auspost website to do the labels & theres a history of all the items ive sent with their tracking numbers.one lady didnt change her ebay address & told me not to worry about it but i phoned the PO & got a lovely lady who told me it was there unclaimed she then forwarded it on to the right address no charge for me!..sometimes you get nice people in the darndest places 😉 . cheers
Message 53 of 71
Latest reply

ive come across this on the auspost website for clicknsend. did a popup window come up with suburbs after you entered the send to postcode & click validate ? if the right suburb isnt shown you need to click 'amend more' i think it says then the popup window shows you more suburbs to choose from under that postcode.i had the same issue , i emailed the buyer asked if that was the right postcode.i also use whereisdotcom to check addresses much quicker & better results than google as you see exactly where the address is. they dont tell you this rubbish in the notes do they.its trial & error & a red face feedback to a/post. cheers
Message 54 of 71
Latest reply

also there is the change address option on the invoice page for them , in case it is a gift for someone else ..we cant really be that single minded can we, esp when all parcels are trackable. cheers
Message 55 of 71
Latest reply

i had heard this before .. this means sellers have to check every ebay order form against the paypal address on file before sending ..so how can we do that as they dont pay until after they get the invoice ?? i think ebay should be cross checking members addresses against paypal records ?? they are the same company..cheers
Message 56 of 71
Latest reply

you forgot the suburb !! even if the street matches not all suburbs & postcodes will.. just check whereisdotcom to confirm the address is real if theres a problem. cheers
Message 57 of 71
Latest reply

sure thats fine ! im sure all the recipients though not knowing the sender from a bar of soap will be happy! i live in 'short street' , look forward to mine 😉
Message 58 of 71
Latest reply

@yipkiaye wrote:
i had heard this before .. this means sellers have to check every ebay order form against the paypal address on file before sending ..so how can we do that as they dont pay until after they get the invoice ?? i think ebay should be cross checking members addresses against paypal records ?? they are the same company..cheers

for paypal claims, it's their address that matters - I don't know how it goes now with the eBay label system? NFI where that address comes from - never thought to ask or verify if it comes with PP protection ie the address is the same as paypal?

Crikey!

*puts it on the list for tomorrow*

Message 59 of 71
Latest reply

@yipkiaye wrote:
sure thats fine ! im sure all the recipients though not knowing the sender from a bar of soap will be happy! i live in 'short street' , look forward to mine 😉

open your window

carrier pigeon is on the way

Message 60 of 71
Latest reply