I'm having trouble with about 25% of all my local pick-up sales. Anyone else?

I seem to be having a pretty bad run at the moment. I sell mostly large items that require local pick up and about 1 in 4 at the moment the buyer doesnt make contact, doesnt show up... in some instances they even pay by paypal and then never answer emails, or even phone calls to inquire when they will pick up the items(s). Eventually I jsut give up and wait out the 45 days on paypal and relist the item. Rediculous. You sell an item that requires a lot of space to store. You wait the days for an auction to run its course then you spend days trying to get the buyer to communicate and then often they cancel the transaction and you have to try sell it again. Does anyone else feel like buyers should be held more accountable? I wouldve thought the ebay marketplace would be far better off if flakey, irresponsible buyers were eventually discouraged from buying...or at least educated by sanction and taught what appropriate conduct looked like. Ok rant over ๐Ÿ™‚ Bit sick of it at the moment.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I'm having trouble with about 25% of all my local pick-up sales. Anyone else?

For those who pay with Paypal just add them to your BBL and for those that don't pay just do the same as you would if you were sending the items, if they haven't arranged to colect and pay within the timeframe you state in the listing just open an unpaid item dispute, close it in another 4 days and add them to your BBL. If all sellers do that every time they do not get paid and they also have their buyer blocks in place so anyone with more than 2 unpaid item strikes cannot purchase then they will soon learn that they cannot get away with it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 2
Latest reply