I need advice on a non payment

Ok, here's the situation!

I have another ebay account.  A person bought an item off me a couple of weeks ago, and did not pick up the item.  I then opened a case on that person, and they got back to me and said, I have sent an echeque, please be patient I am very sick and bed ridden.

Then, on my other account, this same person bought an item, and paid straight away.  Looking at their feedback, they are 75% great ebayer and 25%, bad ebayer.

Now the echeque has been cancelled,  and I have non payment on the first item.  I am now worried, if I close the case and they get a strike, they will then tarnish my shop account by leaving negaitive feedback on the item they paid for!

I also don't understand how she can buy off me, as I have in place anyone with strikes can not buy from my ebay shop? How is this possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Close the non payer case and if any neg is left contact ebay and ask for it to be removed as you are sure it was a purchase to interfere with the store

Does the buyer know you are the same seller?

And being sick and bed ridden is no excuse to win and not pay

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I would treat them as two completely separate transactions. 

I would message the first purchase and apologise - hear me out. Message eg

" I'm terribly sorry to do this but the only way we can claim back our fees at this stage is to close the non-payment dispute as the echeque has not gone through. I'll wait for 48 hours to hear from you before closing the dispute. 

I'm more than happy to arrange collection if you can arrange payment within 48 hours however as a seller I cannot afford to pay selling fees to eBay on items that didn't actually sell. 

I hope your health improves soon and wish you well"

If they dare leave you bad feedback on the second, then you could apply to have it removed as it's about another transaction, but it might be tricky to proove it's because they're a non payer on another account? Do you have both accounts blocking buyers with strikes?

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, both accounts block buyers with strikes.  

I don't understand how the other sellers, who received non payment were able to leave feedback, unless they are not opening cases on this person.

However, I did close a case on a non payer last week, and nothing came up about them getting a strike, and they are able to still leave me feedback which I thought was very strange.

Has ebay change their non payment policies?

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I was researching them today and it still says non paying buyers, once the dispute is closed can't leave feedback. 

That's weird!!

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Unfortunatley yes,

I recognised the name, and offered the buyer if she wanted to pick up both items at the same time instead of posting one, and pick up on the other.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Some sellers leave the feedback before they close the non payer case as once closed it can not be left.

And some sellers are just not aware disputes can be done or know how to open and close non payer disputes

If the buyer knows how it works they may have appealed the strikes with some BS story and had the strikes removed thus making the blocks not work.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

that is a lovely way to put it.  thank you:)

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

What was wierd, I was given a credit, and the dispute was closed, and both (the seller and buyer) can leave feedback.

This has never happened to me before

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Just so you know, some sellers can leave feedback for non payers on a mobile, even where a strike has been issued and case is closed, depending on what version of eBay app they have running. 

Many of eBay "systems" have soooo many holes and work-arounds, it is simply funny.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply