I sell many books under 500g and Australia post does not give a tracking number for these light weig

I sell many books under 500g and Australia post does not give a tracking number for these light weight item.  I put the appropriate stamps on them and post directly into the letter box on the day or the day after the item is purchased.  What am I to do about the back log of post parcels because of covid.  Sincerely Kathy

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

I sell many books under 500g and Australia post does not give a tracking number for these light weig

I doubt there are many sellers offering 'free' postage that don't include the postage in the item price.

I offer 'free' postage on my letter sized items, but I can assure you I don't absorb the cost.

With books, prices tend to be market-driven. So the total price is the total price compared to others, regardless of how postage is apportioned.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

I have argued with them many a time about it but they just won't accept them at my local. I've also complained about them to AP a few times for that and other issues but have yet to see any resolution to any of the complaints. I could put them in the street box but in the past when I've done that with satchels they haven't been scanned at all until in the area for delivery which annoys my customers so I don't do that now. Does anyone know if you can scan and lodge the 'domestic with tracking" envelope in the parcel lockers? The second closest PO to me (with the dodgy parking) has lockers which I have used at night for lodging parcels when I didn't get to the PO in time and there are less people about at night so parking is easier.

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

Do you buy the envelopes from your local?

If not, maybe doing so will give them an incentive to accept them.

If so, maybe point out to them that you can buy them directly from AP at the same price, but they then won't get the commission for selling them.

I believe it's normally 20%, so on a $47 10-pack of C5s that's $9.40 they'd be missing out on.

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

@oz-e-seller wrote:

Does anyone know if you can scan and lodge the 'domestic with tracking" envelope in the parcel lockers? The second closest PO to me (with the dodgy parking) has lockers which I have used at night for lodging parcels when I didn't get to the PO in time and there are less people about at night so parking is easier.

So just try one and see - got nothing to lose.   All knowledge gained is worthwhile.

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply