I wonder how others feel about when you click on your own listing and find it cram full of ads

For other competing sellers Not to mention the side column ads for all sorts of assorted rubbish . All of which detracts from your own listing

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I wonder how others feel about when you click on your own listing and find it cram full of ads

I don't see any of it. I have Ad Blocker Plus which is a free add on with firefox
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

@rgherron wrote:

For other competing sellers Not to mention the side column ads for all sorts of assorted rubbish . All of which detracts from your own listing

and when someone clicks on one of your competitors they see YOUR ad.

quid pro quo

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I don't get ads. That's what Adblock Plus is for. Available for free installation on Firefox and Google Chrome. I'm not sure how anyone could get ads these days unless they use that unstable, virus ridden Internet Explorer.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Yep AdBlocker Plus gets rid of all that rubbish.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

AdBlock Plus is absolutely essential these days.

Noone would still be using IE surely?

If you have a look at what your Microsoft updates actually are you'll see that 90% of them are security patches for IE.

Internet Exporer is the hackers highway to heaven!

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

You need to change your cross-promotion rules if you don't want other seller's items shown on your listings (paid ads you can't do anything about).

"Go to My eBay.

Move your cursor over the Account tab until you see the pull-down menu.

Select Marketing Tools.

Select the No check box near the top of the page. Your selection applies to all of your active listings.

Your items will still be shown on pages and emails directly related to your listings, and other sellers' items won't be displayed in your listings."

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

This sounds like the best solution thanks. I am guessing but I suspect the ad blocker only stops me seeing the ads not other potentil buyers of my items ?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@rgherron wrote:

I am guessing but I suspect the ad blocker only stops me seeing the ads not other potentil buyers of my items ?

That's correct - ad block only affects the browser it's installed on, so downloading it and installing it yourself, while still a good idea if you want to remove the horde of ads cluttering a lot of pages all over the web, it won't affect anything on anyone else's browser, so they'll all be visible to any buyer viewing your listing if they don't have an adblock installed (not sure what the stats might be percentage wise - a lot of people use adblock, a lot of people don't). 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply