If I refund a buyer for inr will ebay reverse the refund if I can later prove item was delivered?

nanee_92
Community Member

I sent iten to buyer in Algeria who claims it has not been delivered. Opened INR instead of contacting me first. I can prove I posted the item and AusPost says it can take up to 3 months to deliver to Algeria. Buyer wants a refund, I can't afford to refund. If I refund the buyer and i can later prove it was delivered will I get the refund back?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

If I refund a buyer for inr will ebay reverse the refund if I can later prove item was delivered?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

As soon as you refund the buyer the case is closed.

The time to prove delivery is before you refund.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

As Lyndal says, the case will close when you refund.

Some time later if/when the tracking shows delivered then you could contact ebay and ask them to review the original case based on new information available.

Not sure if/not you would have any luck with that tho.

3-months seems a hugely long time for delivery. What method did you use to end the item?

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks you have sent by sea not air.

I assume you sent it trackable and with signature on delivery.

In Australia you only need to prove 'Sending' but PayPal may

require proof of 'Delivery' depending on the destination country.

Just call ebay and point out the estimated shipping time.

The buyer should NOT be able to initiate an INR dispute before

the ebay estimated delivery date.

Best check the estimated delivery date for this item as stated

on the sales record ( and with any luck breathe easy for a while ).

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I am not sure of the current rules with ebay disputes but in the past paypal has not covered items sent by sea mail as the delivery times always exceeded the time for opening a dispute.  That should not be a problem now that they have extended the dispute time to 180 days but I am not sure if it has been changed in the T & Cs.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

The buyer opened a case with ebay and they decided in his favour. I have been researching the buyer and he is looking more and more like a scammer.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

I sent it by airmail and Australia Post have said it can take up to 3 months to reach Algeria

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

I suspect Algeria is not the safest place to send things.

I have no direct experience, however. I don't post overseas, period. Even if I did ex-communist European states wouldn't feature on the list of places I would post to.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Sorry, I was thinking of Albania.

I wouldn't post to North African countries that are generally ruled by Generals, either.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez Nanee_92.

3 months for airmail sounds a bit long

then again I have never sent overseas in a while.

Just checked AusPost web site:

StandardMax. weight 20kg
Delivery time estimate 6+ business days ( incl Tracking )

Economy AirMax. weight 2kg

Delivery time estimate 10+ business days ( no tracking )

Economy SeaWeight 2-20kg
Delivery time estimate 2-3 months ( no tracking )
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply