Im getting international sales - why

I have been selling on here for years and never had an out of Australia sale. I dont sell outside Australia ...today I got sale from someone in South Africa. I put it down to a newb (0 feedback) but just now I have had a sale to a chap in the USA . 

Has something changed ? I went looking to see if the List in Australia was still checked but I cant find it ??

Where is now.

TIA 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I have excluded all locations outside of Australia (you can do it by region) from my 'Exclude postage locations' and have blocks set for 'Have a primary postage address in a location I don't post to'.

Which seems to work. Also I don't have any International postage options set.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

The important step is to have in place the block for buyers and also check that all your listings are showing no international postage. I have never had to block any countries as long as those two steps are in place.   I did get a couple of buyers from the UK a few years ago and couldn't understand why until I discovered that I still had a postage cost to the UK showing, I had used a sell similar without properly checking everything.

Gosh that was from a long time ago, it hasn't been worth while selling overseas for me for ages.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I have a feeling something has been happening behind the scenes.

I've been waiting for last months invoice to arrive in CSV format but only today noticed that the option was de-selected.

As I've had this set for all the time I've been selling and use it in my accounting systems I know full well I would never de-select it myself.

Looks like someone has been fiddling again and it's probably a good time to check our account settings.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Please be aware that anything sent to South Africa has a very good chance of going missing/lost/stolen.

It's one of the worst countries for parcel theft.

Also, it can take MONTHS to arrive.

My mom lives in SA and I sent her some business cards last year - they took 5 months to get to her.

Best to cancel the transaction and select "countries I don't post to" as your reason.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Same thing happened to me last year. I had a buyer from America and I was astounded as it stated that I only post Australia wide.

I set up all the blocks I could find (and then some!) and haven't had a problem since. Fingers crossed!!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies folks. Yup I canceled them and explained to the buyers. Never heard back but hey .....

May have been a glitch or something else ...dunno

I dont sell OS as my products (Herbs and spices etc) end up in customs and quarantine and then I get pinged for late delivery or no delivery. Its bad enough here in Oz without sending thousands of miles for the same or worse headaches.

Thanks for the feed abck folks. I will wait an see if it happens again then get on the phone and put a rocket someone at ebay hehehe !  

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply