Incompetence of ebay-India

rakuma_505
Community Member

This happened on eBay-India platform and, since it is part of eBay, I think every one should know how they are operating. Here is the sad story: eBay ignored their own instructions and refunded my sale proceeds to the buyer even though item was shipped and delivered on time. This complaint is about how eBay deprived me of my sale proceeds and are sitting on my complaint without any communication in spite of my reminders. I  listed a Motorola Razr cell phone on ebay.in, Listing no. 272522684401, for Rs. 1500 and sold it on Jan.19, 2017. The buyer deposited the sale price through PaisaPay(id - 44561555689) and this was communicated to me by email on the same day. I was given three days to ship the item by Jan. 22,2017. I pointed out to ebay that Jan. 22nd is a Sunday. I was told to ask the buyer for more time. There was no reply from the buyer but I saw instructions stating that I should enter shipping details by Jan. 25th. I took a screenshot of these instructions. I shipped the item on Jan. 21st by SpeedPost of India Postal Service and obtained tracking number. On Sunday, Jan. 22nd and also on 23rd I did not check my email or ebay, thinking that I have time till 25th to enter shipping details. To my surprise I found that the buyer had complained of not receiving the item on 23rd Jan., a Monday, barely 4 days after paying for the item. Even more surprising, eBay immediately initiated refund process against me for not entering shipping details even though they have given me time till 25th,Jan. Even their FAQ no.1 says sellers have 5 days to enter details. I have a screenshot of this answer to FAQ also.Once ebay initiated refund process, I could not enter shipping details. My many complaints fell on deaf ears and I received one confusing reply on 26th from eBay India Customer Service, which did not address the issue. To my reply to this message, I received another email on 27th Jan. from a Mr. Dhananjay  saying that they are looking into my claim. It has been more than seven weeks and I have not heard from them again in spite of my reminders. I have presented proof that I have followed all the instructions by means of screenshots and eBay has not denied my assertions. Meanwhile, on Jan. 27th, within a week of sale, the item was delivered to the buyer(Jan.26th was a national holiday). I have informed this to ebay and showed them proof by way of a screenshot from India Post. But they ignored this fact and refunded the buyer's money. My complaint is the following: 1. I sold my item on ebay and followed instructions and shipped and delivered the item within the specified time. 2. Ebay did not pay me my money  even though I have not violated their instructions, even though they knew that I shipped within time, even though they knew that the buyer received the item. I have then raised a claim under seller protection on Feb. 7, 2017 by means of an email but I did not get any acknowledgement or response from ebay. I had a chat with customer help on Feb.9 (Customer Service Chat Transcript - SR# 1-103407462187)but they just asked me to wait without giving any answers. It has been more than a month and I have not heard from eBay yet. I am allowed to post only one file.So I have posted the screenshot showing the instructions given by ebay,  screenshot showing answer to FAQ 1, which they may have changed since then, and also the tracking data showing shipment and delivery, all in one image.The whole saga shows the callousness with which they treat their customers and also their incompetence.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

sorry, but I didn't read your Opening Post.  The reason . . . . no paragraphs.  I suspect others will not read it either.

All the text just 'melds' when I see such long paragraphs.

If you can copy and paste the text, and break it into succinct paragraphs, I think you will get more replies and help here.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

allfixelectrical
Community Member

Post your complaint on eBay's Facebook pages. You are far more likely to get a response from someone who takes it seriously.

If there are any relevent ombudsman's services in India or other government business practice agencies, then complain also to them about both eBay and PaisaPay.

The following links may help:-

https://india.gov.in/lodge-complaint-banking-ombudsman-rbi

https://www.facebook.com/ebaydotin/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/?fref=ts

http://ncdrc.nic.in/

http://consumeraffairs.nic.in/

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I too found it a very difficult story to read and understand due to the lack of formatting.

But I think I get the jist of it.

I don't know what govt agencies exist in India that could help you out.

But if India has any equivalent of the ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commision) then I would lodge a complaint with them.

From what I gather you have certainly been treated very badly by ebay India.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

sorry, but I didn't read your Opening Post.  The reason . . . . no paragraphs.  I suspect others will not read it either.

All the text just 'melds' when I see such long paragraphs.

All caused by other online sites such as Facebook and others,(due to their message being posted as soon as

they hit the enter key so instead they just keep typing and they have no breaks between sentences).

If they want to separate paragrahs on those sites then simple hold down the shift button and then hit enter,

(that will drop the cursor to the next line so that you can start a new sentence without posting the message).

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

taz, I am sure that any young folk reading my posting will be rushing to their online dictionary to find out what 'meld' means Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

taz, I am sure that any young folk reading my posting will be rushing to their online dictionary to find out what 'meld' means Smiley Happy

I was talking to some teens that were with my GD and mentioned the word twice,(I got a totally confused look

from one of them and then another asked what that word meant),shok.gif

When I explained he said why didn't I just say two times,(so I told him that the word for two times has always

been twice and saying two times is the lazy way and phonetically incorrect).

After explaining what phonetic meant I got them to say sentences with the words once,twice,thrice as

opposed to their one,two and three times and they conceded that they did sound better that way but they

then said that they are no longer in school so they can just keep saying two times,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

And they wonder why they get called the lazy generation,Angry head bang.gif

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

And unfortunately the lazy generation is starting to work in jobs where it shows.

The case in question is TV advertisements.....my OH has steam coming out his ears when he hears TV advertisements stating that such and such is two times as effective as so and so.

It doesn't bother me as I have the ability to tune out to the ads as soon as they come on, but it is no wonder the younger generation has no idea when they are constantly hearing the wrong thing.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply