Infrequent Buyers

Just wondering if anyone else has a problem with buyers who haven't bought anything for the last 6-12 mths then purchase and never contact or make payment .I seem to be getting quite a few lately.I have blocks in place but these bidders all have good feedback and some are sellers,can you block someone who hasn;t bought for the last year.I realise not all are tarred with the one brush but I seem to get my share.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Infrequent Buyers

Maybe when an infrequent buyer places a bit, send a message to the effect of "lately, I have been experiencing issues with buyers changing their mind after bidding. I would like you to confirm that you are happy to bid for this item". If they don't respond to the message, you then might have some grounds for cancelling their bid (of course, this wouldn't stop last minute bidders). All that said and done, I wouldn't recommend cancelling bids at all unless the buyers in question have left a string of suspect feedback. A bid is a bid, and while I have had issues with infrequent buyers myself, most of them do come through eventually even if I have to open an UPI case first.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Infrequent Buyers

You can put any member on your BBL, whether they are seller of buyer.

If you don't like their ID name, you can block them from bidding or buying.

You can also block them from communicating with you.

Your account, you're in control...........................well, to a certain extent. eBay have the final say. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Infrequent Buyers

Thanks Kopes but I won't know until they bid so therefore am I able to cancel their bid and do I have to give a reson for doing so.Thanks

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Infrequent Buyers

Maybe when an infrequent buyer places a bit, send a message to the effect of "lately, I have been experiencing issues with buyers changing their mind after bidding. I would like you to confirm that you are happy to bid for this item". If they don't respond to the message, you then might have some grounds for cancelling their bid (of course, this wouldn't stop last minute bidders). All that said and done, I wouldn't recommend cancelling bids at all unless the buyers in question have left a string of suspect feedback. A bid is a bid, and while I have had issues with infrequent buyers myself, most of them do come through eventually even if I have to open an UPI case first.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Infrequent Buyers

As junk suggests, you can retract any bids but best to give benefit of the doubt.

image host
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Infrequent Buyers

unfortunately we cant read minds, therefore cant judge someone guilty until they commit a crime.

just because someone doesnt buy regularly doesnt make them a bad buyer.

yes, its a pain in the proverbial when buyers dont pay but thats life when selling here.

we list then cross our fingers and hope we get one of the thousands of good honest buyers but we know there are many bad buyers out there.

not very good business blocking buyers who have done nothing but not buy often enough, IMO

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply