International bidder on Aust only item

Hi folks. I have an item listed and its getting some good bids. I have it as Aust only  and No international post (Yes I checked it all correct in the listing) and I have in big letters in the listing also - No International bidders. 

I just noticed the hi bidder is based in the UK according to their about me blurb.

How is it possible for a UK bidder to bid on an item that is AU only ???? 

Is there something I am missing here? 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You need to have No International postage as well as locations you won't post to selected.

That will mean Int bidders cannot bid.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I had a similar situation about 6 weeks ago; was really worried; but it turned out the buyer had recently moved to Sydney from the UK & had forgotten to change their address. Maybe this is what has happened for you?

My sale proceeded smoothly. Maybe the ebay system realises they are bidding from within Australia? Maybe they are a tourist currently here?

Some years back A UK bidder also won one of my auctions. I don't post overseas & have all blocks in place. The item was to be a gift for a friend in Australia; But I still can't fathom how the Brit was able to bid! No correspondence was entered into prior to the auction end & then I had to guide the UK buyer through the sales process & ended up giftwrapping the item for the Aussie gift recipient. It too ended well. So there are many scenarios that might apply to your bidder. Take them @ face value until proven otherwise - Unless they are from Nigeria!

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@redders_60 wrote:

I had a similar situation about 6 weeks ago; was really worried; but it turned out the buyer had recently moved to Sydney from the UK & had forgotten to change their address. Maybe this is what has happened for you?

I have been in contact with the bidder and they are in the UK using an UK id. Its no problem as they have a friend in Oz that I will send to and they will forward it.

Still dont know how an international buyer was able to bid but hey - its Ebay - land of mystery where the impossible happens ....regularly 😛  

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply