International postage

Posting to the US has just got harder, must weight each item before packing it. Today I tried  posted a necklace but I was sent away because I Didn,t have necklace weight only, open the package weigh the necklace repack and got it posted,was told more countries to follow suit.

Next I will be asked to stand on one leg and hop before an item will be accepted

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

International postage

Buy a $10 set of digital scales.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

International postage

Next I will be asked to stand on one leg and hop before an item will be accepted

Please show me what you mean...........................and perhaps whistle 'for he's a jolly good fellow' at the same time. Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

International postage

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Please show me what you mean...........................and perhaps whistle 'for he's a jolly good fellow' at the same time. Smiley Very Happy

While creepily winking like Bernard Tomic Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

International postage

@WWOS

Melina thinks a classier act than young Bernie would be a one legged man in a bum kicking contest!!

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

International postage

Completely agree.
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

International postage

THIS IS WORSE!!

I went to send my parcels today.  Every single one of them had to have my name and address, and the buyer's name and address, manually inputted by the counterperson, along with class of item (eg. gift), value and description.  Today I had only 3 parcels so it took several minutes just to do that.

A week and a half ago I had about 30 parcels going to the US.  So 30 x 1 or 2 minutes per parcel at the counter, that is insane.  The counterperson said it is one of Trump's increased security policies.

They said they are working on some kind of system to decrease workload and the time it takes but right now it's going to take a lot of extra time.  The counter workers need a payrise with all the extra work involved.

Edit: Regarding the weight, they weighed the whole parcel, not just what was inside it.  Wasn't a need to open it.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

International postage

Another reason not to sell overseas.
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

International postage

@love_of_cars wrote:

THIS IS WORSE!!

I went to send my parcels today.  Every single one of them had to have my name and address, and the buyer's name and address, manually inputted by the counterperson, along with class of item (eg. gift), value and description.  Today I had only 3 parcels so it took several minutes just to do that.

A week and a half ago I had about 30 parcels going to the US.  So 30 x 1 or 2 minutes per parcel at the counter, that is insane.  The counterperson said it is one of Trump's increased security policies.

They said they are working on some kind of system to decrease workload and the time it takes but right now it's going to take a lot of extra time.  The counter workers need a payrise with all the extra work involved.

Edit: Regarding the weight, they weighed the whole parcel, not just what was inside it.  Wasn't a need to open it.

Serves you right for posting Mexicans to the USA.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

International postage

My poster tubes are too small for people to fit inside.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply