Is anyone selling on Amazon?

I wondered if selling on Amazon along with eBay to increase channels of revenue. Since I do sell world wide, it probably be best to experiment it. I only listed one item which took ages to do but apparently it is much faster than eBay altogether if I want to list in bulk.

Has anyone transitioned to Amazon and able to give feedback on how traffic compares to eBay? Might even just list my items in alibaba as a supplier since a lot of rumors going around saying it will crush both eBay and Amazon to the ground.

I think we sellers have a lot of options to choose from and our best bet is to expand our horizon and not depend on a single ecommerce company on its own. I've already listed some items on ETSY and while not as great as eBay I do get quite a few sales compared to the likes of quicksales.
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

cq_tech
Community Member
Funny you should mention, there was an interesting news item on ABC Radio National yesterday which stated that alibaba is now bigger and more profitable than both eBay and Amazon combined. A figure of $271m was mentioned but in relation to exactly what I don't recall.

I've been buying through both alibaba and aliexpress for quite some time now and it's an incontrovertible fact that their prices are always considerably lower than those on both eBay & Amazon and now that Aliexpress have started trading in Australia they're going to absolutely annihilate eBay, and eBay know it.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for those 2 sites, I had heard of them, but didn't know they were selling sites.

I did spend $60 on amazon last night, which was cheaper to buy there than here. And don't have to use PAYPAL.

I am not looking to sell else where, as my stocks are getting low and thats it for me.

I do have stuff on QS , and now bundling up stuff for our local tender centre.

I did read that amazon was expensive to sell on though.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Been selling Amazon FBA for the last 6 months ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@kizacks wrote:

Been selling Amazon FBA for the last 6 months ๐Ÿ™‚

Interesting, I was just on there having a read. So FBA means you send them the stock and they do the shipping and handling?

I couldn't find any way to drill down the items by country. Is that possible?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, that's pretty much it.

For me personally, I source from US suppliers, and have them ship to a fulfillment company who then Prep the stock (labelling/barcodes/packaging) for Amazon. Once your stock arrives at the Amazon warehouse they take care of the rest. Obviously there are extra costs involved, but it's worth it in the end. Everything is automated.

I recommend joining the Australian Amazon FBA Facebook group run by by a nice lady named Trish Dickinson. Everyone there is extremely helpful.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Wow, that sounds really different.  thanks for the info.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I just read a thread on Whirlpool about Alibaba and Aliexpress and the general consensous was that it's full of scammers. There doesn't seem to be any protection for buyers, so if the goods are faulty or don't turn up, tough luck. On the rare occasion you do manage a refund, it can take 7 months.

From a sellers perspective, it sounds like it's a place to sell bulk items as opposed to one off's, so might suit some of the higher volume sellers here.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1622257

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I've had absolutely zero issues with Aliexpress and I've been buying through them for over 12 months now. They do have a rudimentary form of buyer protection for 60 days from the date of purchase, but as long as you pay with a bank-protected credit card it's no less safe than anywhere else.
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

How do you find your sales on Amazon compared to eBay?

I'm not liking how I can't do variations (or it is limited to size and colour) and I have to list it one at a time. I just got the jist of bulk listing using excel but its a bit time consuming since I have to upload my own images to my server and then copy and paste them one at a time to the spreadsheet.

So far no sales, though I just started and I have still have a ton more listings to do.. Yay going to have a borring draining week this week.

And omgosh I have to buy my own barcodes to list items and each variation need its own barcode..

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply