Is eBay waking up - at last ?

fixnwear has posted a very interesting comment on the Buying Boards which I found very pleasing to hear - Thread Subject : Item said Not recieved Ebay do claim Via Ebay or Paypal.

As a follow up to that comment, I noticed last night that eBay's immediate approach to reporting Item not Received does seem to have softened a little. I may be completely wrong as I very rarely use the INR – go for the kill approach, I always contact the seller first via message but, the screenshot attached below suggests to Buyers they contact the seller first – before asking eBay to step in and I’m reasonably sure that suggestion has only been recently added - a step in the right direction albeit a little too subtle and way too late ?

Oops, sorry, after several attempts, don't seem to be able to get a decent screenshot Smiley Embarassed

Item Not Received1.png

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I saw the post in question, and I don't doubt that the poster was indeed given the information he described by a CS rep.  The question is though, if we asked another CS rep the same question would we get the same answer?  History says no, eBay are masters at giving out conflicting information, and then rescinding the more benign version later on.  I hate being this cynical, and I'm usually not one for conspiracy theories, but experience tells me I am prone to be too naive for my own good.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

@pennyforum14 wrote:

I saw the post in question, and I don't doubt that the poster was indeed given the information he described by a CS rep.  The question is though, if we asked another CS rep the same question would we get the same answer?  History says no, eBay are masters at giving out conflicting information, and then rescinding the more benign version later on.  I hate being this cynical, and I'm usually not one for conspiracy theories, but experience tells me I am prone to be too naive for my own good.

I agree, absolutely, it sounded too good to be true to me ! Smiley Happy  Which is why I was a little surprised to see what I think is an ever so slight change.

As for experience tells me I am prone to be too naive for my own good - likewise Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply