Is it compulsory to list a handling time?

I recently bought an item and cannot find a handling time on the listing. I was just wondering if it is compulsory or not.  I have a handling time on my listings and presumed everyone else did too.  Am I wrong?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@kopenhagen5wrote:

The handling time shows in the postage section of the listing.

Before and after purchase.

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't - I'm not really sure what makes some show and others not, though I suspect it may have to do with short timeframes.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I think you will find that the handling time is taken into consideration when the estimated receival date is calculated rather than appearing separately in a listing.  And i think it is compulsory - you have to enter it into your postage policy.  

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

as stated above, the handling time isn't displayed anywhere - it's just added into the calculation of estimated delivery date. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I am almost sure a handling time needs to be selected when listing with postage.

Perhaps the listing was originally without postage then paid post seperately ?

But IM a buyer can always check handling time, at least it appears to be the case going by the number of posters in the past saying they did.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

image host
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5wrote:

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't - I'm not really sure what makes some show and others not, though I suspect it may have to do with short timeframes.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply