Item being collected by family member been paid by PayPal already. Seller protection?

So an interstate buyer has bought a best offer item. In sending the counter offer I specified that if being collected by someone (they live interstate) that cash on pickup is the go however they’ve paid with PayPal (currently a 10% discount on auto parts). They’re also bidding on another of my items.

How am I placed with this re seller protection if it’s not them collecting? Normally I’d get the bidders ID with their paypal address on it but it won’t be the buyer picking up.

It’s a bulky item so was listed as pickup only.

What are my options please? PayPal and eBay aren’t much help.
Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Item being collected by family member been paid by PayPal already. Seller protection?

I think I would make sure all messages were via ebay messaging, get the name of the person picking up & confirm with the buyer that the person picking up would have to sign a receipt on collection to indicate they had picked up the item, had read the ad & were satisfied the item was as described. Then I would carry through with that part.

I can't guarantee that that would protect you from a 'not as described' claim but the buyer, just knowing that you had a signed document, might think twice about trying, if they had that in mind.

If the buyer for any reason had a problem with sending someone for pick up, and all pick up arrangements fell through, then they would get a full refund via paypal.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply