Item delivered but payment stuck on hold

Hi everyone

I sold an item and sent it via Australia post.  My payment was put on hold for reasons unknown. I have a 100% rating, no strikes of any kind against me and the item was only for a couple of hundred dollars.

The buyer has definitely received their item, but they haven't marked it so on Ebay so my funds are still frozen.

I'm trying to write to Ebay to provide my item number so they can help me, but I'm always directed to unhelpful automated bots.

Can somebody please provide advice as to how I can reach a real person and get my money released. The  buyer is unhelpful and seems in no rush to mark their items as received!

Thank you. Rich

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Looks like you havent sold for a longgggggggg time, so will be considered a new seller, and have to wait 30 days for the funds to be released.

Have you signed up for managed payments?  if you have't you may be waiting longer while you sign up.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Looks like you havent sold for a longgggggggg time, so will be considered a new seller, and have to wait 30 days for the funds to be released.

Have you signed up for managed payments?  if you have't you may be waiting longer while you sign up.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Nothing to do with the buyer, don't blame them for your funds being on hold

You agreed to the terms when you listed and ticked 'you had read and understood')

30 hold on your funds like every other 'new' seller

The same will apply to the item you currently have listed

No money at all if you have not signed up to and been verified for Managed Payments 

Did you also upload tracking when you posted?

You need to read up on selling in 2024

What was the case 'over a year ago' (when you last sold) is not the same as it is now

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks very much for your reply. The buyer marked their goods as received and my funds were released the next day 🙂

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Hi there

Thanks for your reply. No, I didn't read the terms and conditions just accepted like the kids touring the Wonka factory. I also haven't sold anything for a long time and not familiar with the new way of doing things. I had signed up and verified myself for managed payments though.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Very glad to hear you'd done the Managed Payments part of things at least

And you were very lucky indeed eBay released your funds early . That does'nt happen very often 

As you say, you have'nt sold for a long time, so the hold would almost always be 30 days, no matter what the buyer marked or did'nt mark

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply