Item delivery issues.

Hi all, I sold an item and posted it with tracking on Monday (20th) and it was delivered the following day (Tues 21st) and because I've been busy I never checked to see if it had been delivered though as soon as I got home from posting it I did send the buyer a short message to say I had just posted it and gave him the tracking number, I also added it on ebay, then last night (Thurs 23rd) the buyer contacted me and said he hadn't received it and that the tracking said it was delivered at Alexandria ( I sent it to his address at Redfern, which I believe is the next suburb from Alexandria) I then checked it myself and that is what it shows.

So this morning I have been to my local post office and spoken to the postal manager and she gave me a number to ring in order to get an investigation started, so I rang and was assured that as far as the tracking tool showing Alexandria that just meant that that was the mailing centre that delivered the item to his address ... though having had many parcels delivered to me and showing they were delivered to my suburb and not having a mailing centre here I'm not too sure if that info is correct, but an investigation is underway though I may not hear back from them for at least 10 days but that got me thinking that maybe it could be correct and that he did receive it and is trying to use it as a way of also getting a refund ... he didn't contact me until 2 days after it showed it had been delivered, I'm not saying he is trying to cheat me and I realise he also may not have been keeping a check on the delivery status but I do believe it has happened to others.

I have sent him a message to let him know what is happening and to let me know if it does turn up at any time during this period though I haven't had a reply as yet.

Not sure what else I can do at this stage or where I stand, I'm just hoping he doesn't open a dispute for item not received.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Item delivery issues.

If you sent to the address as it showed in Paypal and it shows as delivered you should be OK if they open an ebay dispute, it would have been better if you had used an ebay satchel but still should be OK as it has been said on the boards that ebay accept a delivery has been made if it is in the area of the address. Paypal may possibly be more problematical but there are ways of getting a good outcome if you know how to go about things, if they open a Paypal dispute come back for more advice.

You did the right thing telling them you had contacted AP, I usually say I have actioned an investigation and AP may ask them to complete a Stat Dec to confirm the parcel was not delivered. That usually has the parcel turning up pdqCat Wink

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Item delivery issues.

Thanks phorum_junkie* ... you always have the most wonderful advice and suggestions ๐Ÿ˜‰  I've just now received an email from Aus Post saying that the item was definately delivered to the correct address, I've sent a copy of that to the buyer and am just waiting to hear back

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Item delivery issues.

If he still insists the item was not delivered ask him to check around the premises in case it was safe dropped....and also to ask at his local post office in case it was left there and no card was left.

It is a slim chance but worth a try.  If AP has determined that it was delivered correctly then it probably was or they would have found out that it was left somewhere.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Item delivery issues.

I had a not received dispute opened last year where the tracking showed delivered to her small rural location (she had a PO box). She maintained it was never received and her PO said they must have put it in the wrong box (sure a town of around 50, they'd pretty much know everyone!). I uploaded the tracking number into the dispute and also sent eBay a message asking them to check the tracking number, which they did.

I told the buyer that as the tracking said it was delivered, she wouldn't win a dispute. So, she closed it and left me negative feedback, which eBay removed on request. EBay said all along I would win the dispute because the tracking showed as delivered. They did mention to escalate, but I said no because if you escalate it automatically closes in the buyers favour, regardless.

If they do open a dispute, remember to upload the tracking number into the dispute. From memory there is a box where you can put it. I also cut and paste the details into one of the message boxes. I'd also then contact eBay to let them know that the buyer has opened a dispute for an item that is showing as delivered. DO NOT under any circumstances escalate the dispute (i.e ask eBay to step in and help). I would also go so far as to tell the buyer that according to eBay policy, if tracking shows as delivered, they will lose a dispute (I was surprised my buyer fell for it, even though it's actually the case).

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Item delivery issues.

thankyou lyndal1838 and *tippy*toes*, well I've had some correspondence from the buyer and I believe he is fair dinkum and does not have the item, he has looked around his property, no item or card found, I also suggested he ask his neighbours in case one of them took it for safekeeping and just hasn't given it to him as yet.

Aus Post have confirmed that it was definately delivered to his address, so failing everything else its sounding like it may have been stolen from his property. Not sure what else I can do at this stage.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply