Item specifics soon to be required in CD category - why??

So eBay has commenced prompts to update item specifics in CD category as some specifics are soon to be mandatory which are name of artist, album title and type (which strangely is CD for all my listings in the CD category!!)  All this information is already in the item title and is easily found when people search for an item.  So what am I missing here??  Do buyers actually search by item specifics??  ( I wouldn't know how myself).  Do item specifics help google search results??  I really hope there is a worthwhile reason to motivate me to commence the arduous task of updating 1500 listings.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Same here Lynne we have 4,000 I am getting 20-40 every minutes now to update....What an absolute crock of **bleep** this is!!!! All the details were relevant before. Not sure what doubling up is going to achieve fora  buyer. It looks awful on the screen too now! Way too busy!

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

It looks like  all existing Gtc listings don't need to be updated .

New item specifics in the below categories are required as of July 12, 2021 for all new

and revised listings.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/item-specifics.html

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

So I see UPC is on that list as required for CDs yet I am not being prompted to enter a UPC (only artist, album name and format).  A bit annoying as they advised about a year ago that upc was no longer required.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

I'm getting the prompts for GTC listings that have existing 'missing' item specifics.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

I contacted 1 ebay rep today they said to ignore prompts  where it says reqd soon.

I think it would be much better if  they stopped  the promps or changed it to recommended for sellers with existing GTC listings  but i dont they will.

Upc don't know why they are showing that.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

I contacted 1 ebay rep today they said to ignore prompts  where it says reqd soon

Do so at your own peril. It is well known that CS will tell you anything to get you off the line.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply