Items supposedly located in Australia...but actually located in CHINA.

If I type into eBay search "Floureon Battery" for Australian listings, all of the items are listed with several different sellers however they ALL have thier seller name in the bottom left of the picture. All with exactly the same font. It seems like the same seller with different accounts??

I purchased a battery from one seller but apparently the item was out of stock and I received a refund, so I then asked one of the other sellers if indeed the item was in stock. Same answer "not in stock".

Also the items are apparently located here in Australia but when I click on the sellers feedback, the seller is located in China?? What a rort.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There is nothing stopping a seller haveing multiple accounts.   Many sellers do, not just Chinese sellers.

As for item location.....if you are looking at listings after selecting Australia Only in the left hand box then you are getting sellers who sell only in Australia, not sellers who are located in Australia.  For that reason you will get sellers from China as well as sellers in other countries who list only in Australia.

Some Chinese sellers do have warehouse facilities in Australia but if you do buy from one of these and the item is shipped from China then you can report the seller for incorrect item location.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Ok, I understand that but I don't believe that these items are based in Australia. The cost of postage alone here in Australia would be close to what they are selling the items for.

They are shipping from China, but that is just my opinion. I'm not going to go ahead and purchase an item to prove it. Especially when I already tried to purchase an item and then was told it was out of stock.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Check the postage section....if they are using an Australia Post service then they are posting in Australia.

If they are located overseas then the postage will usually be Economy delivery from outside Australia, or whatever service they are using.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Classic Chinese seller tactic , 

Some chinese sellers realise that many buyers may prefer to buy the items located in Australia so that postage will be quicker ,....

So what they do is say item location darwin ....

That way expected delivery times are maximised ....

I have seen this many times ...

Yes its sneaky , but many chibese sellers are doing this now.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply