Just double checking on sending a parcel

Im about to quit selling on here ive had problem after problem.

I got told i had to have signature and the slip with address on for seller protection

I relisted this dam jacket with a non paying zero pointer bidder

Got another zero pointer that won sold for $30 cheaper.  After he came in at the last second and won.  He then messages me to ask if there was a tommy logo on the sleeves.  Sigh why bid and then ask questions.  He wants to know where i bought it had to send alot more photos to him.  He paid with paypal.  I told him i will send the jacket tomorrow and it will need signature on arrival and if you are not home to make sure you get to the post office asap.  

He doesnt want signature as hes at school.

Ive had such horrible buyers lately i just want to make sure i can send this off without signature and be safe.  The lady at paypal said i have to have proof of the address ive sent it to incase it goes missing and have the tracking online.  So if i dont have signature how do i prove what address its gone to?  Can i take a photo of the prepaid bag??

This is all not worth it, im done

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The best way to have proof of shipping is to buy the postage label online - you can purchase labels via eBay, or via Aus Post. It generates a PDF and you print it out, then affix to the parcel (it can be either your own packaging, or a flat rate satchel). I save a copy of the PDF so I can produce it if the buyer claims non-arrival, and I also get a lodgement receipt by handing it over the counter at the post office. The parcels have tracking, so that's all that's needed for eBay / PayPal in the vast majority of cases (unless the value is $750 or more, as then sig is needed, you can add signature on delivery, and / or insurance to labels purchased online, but I don't usually add those unless the value is high).

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

could i just use the prepaid bag and pay for insurance to have the slip for proof?  Not sure how this printed thing works do i just go to the post office for it?

or could you use the prepaid bag and just take a photo with the address and tracking no sticker on it?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Yes you can use the prepaid bags - this is what I usually send things in, and just pay the appropriate amount of insurance at the counter ($1.50 per $100 value).

The prepaid bags have a sticker with the tracking number on it - when you lodge the bag with the person at the counter, they'll peel this sticker off and attach it to the lodgement receipt they give you, so you have all the details you need there. You pop that number into eBay, and voila, the tracking will all the be there for eBay/you/the buyer to see.

If you use a smart phone, download the Australia Post app onto it, and then you can use the camera on the phone to "scan" the barcode on the prepaid bag - saves typing the number in manually.

I'll also always take a photo of the item packed up in the bag, showing the address, before lodging it.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

thanks i have been selling for 14 yrs and send many many parcels off and know all about large letters, prepaid bags etc.  BUT on ebay i just want to make sure im covered as we all know there is shonky buyers on here and corrupt one sided paypal.

Yes ill do that pay out the $1.50 as its $60 total item and have the slip and take a photo.  

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply