Just got a defect for an item sold back in Sept last year

Just wondering if anyone else has had this. 

Sold an item last Sept. Buyer says didnt get it (Small item no tracking) and I refunded. I just got an email saying I have been hit today with a defect for out of stock for that transaction. 

I refunded using paypal (not ebay) ...again only a few dollars so  no big deal. I now have my first defect. I am never out of stock for this item ....its one of my best sellers and even if I had refunded using ebay I know better than to pick out of stock as a result.

Anyhoo I am off to chat with ebay about this but wanted to know if anyone else has been pinged by ebay 7 months after a sale ? 

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

I would have to of loved to have been a fly on the wall and seen the look on the scammer's face when she was busted

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

I got one yesterday for "being out of stock" Or "not choosing to send item" so contacted ebay who told me to ignore the email and could I please foreword the email to spoof@ebay.com.au

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

Try new "SPOOF" hair styling creme, its the new wizzbang product you must try....

hqdefault.jpg

Just ask MARY!

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

Ebay CS are like a chicken overtaking another chicken

Spoiler
passing the buck
Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

I didn't add 'me too' when I read this thread last week, but I also had received the email and likewise, dashboard looked fine.

But tonight I have received another message, this time in eBay messages and now I can see the defects - 3 for a numpty who ordered and paid for 3 items separately.  At the time I sent my usual msg, can post together if you're agreeable and compensate with extra charms (blah blah blah), to which she agreed.  Then she Opens 3 Cases for INR - the good thing was, while the cases were open the package came back to me RTS - No such street number !?!  So I took a photo of the envelope and sent off to eBay and asked that they check our messages re combined post and I won the 3 cases - hope this all resolves itself in due course as I wasted enough time on this already back in January !!

Interestingly though, I've only had one sale since receiving the initial email & that was for an item being 'Watched', how have everyone else's sales been ?  Maybe it is just my turn for lights off . . . . . . . .  

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

My sales for all 4 accounts have been well below normal for the last 2 months. Even views has dropped. My own online store has also seen a sharp decrease in sales but weekend markets are going gang busters. 

Last week I got the defect email in my mailbox but not on ebay messages. I also got the defect on my account. Checked again yesterday and the defect had been removed and showed 1.13% defect rate. It is now showing 0.13% and no defects. Checked my ebay messages today ...and suprise ... another defect for a different item BUT this one never made it out of ebay to my mail account and there is no defect showing either. I give up.

I will chase this latest fubar up Monday. 

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

I just got a message overnight "1st Defect from a customer" yarda yarda... But cant find it when I look except my defect rate is now 1.13% something like that,,So how do we chase it up? Can we just email the online CS people OR would you wait to see it goes away? There were 2 customers who returned things but all good cos they just didnt suit them etc! But willingly refunded money & got good feed back!

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

@stylesilver wrote:

I just got a message overnight "1st Defect from a customer" yarda yarda... But cant find it when I look except my defect rate is now 1.13% something like that,,So how do we chase it up? Can we just email the online CS people OR would you wait to see it goes away? There were 2 customers who returned things but all good cos they just didnt suit them etc! But willingly refunded money & got good feed back!

if it was me i'd call ebay and talk to someone.

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

@stylesilver wrote:

if it was me i'd call ebay and talk to someone.

Yup but I always use the live chat ...sick of them saying - no we did not say that on the phone. With live chat they send a copy of what was said ! 

Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

outback_blends, why not say right at the start of the phone call, "To ensure an accurate record of the advice given in the course of this phone call, I will be recording this conversation. Is that okay?"

Record the call (including the consent) with an external recording device.

Towards the end of the call, summarise what's been discussed, along these lines:

You: "You've said that the message concerning the 1st defect from a customer was sent in error by eBay, and that there is no actual defect, is that correct?'

eBay rep: "Yes" (or words to that effect).

You: "You've stated that the information that my defect rate is now [whatever it was] is also a glitch, and that my defect rate is actually [whatever it should be]?"

eBay rep: "Yes" (or words to that effect).

You: etc.

When you get confirmation to summary statements, you are ensuring that you have understood what was being communicated by the eBay rep, and you also force the eBay rep to be precise in confirming the information. You can do this even without recording the conversation. Make notes of EXACTLY WHAT YOU ASK during this summary, and EXACTLY WHAT IS AGREED TO by the eBay rep.

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply