Listing on US site

I have tried to list a CD on the US site only to find out you can't charge more than $3.00 US for postage which excludes foreign sellers unless you want to lose money. I've asked them about it and they've advised me to list on my local site.

What they haven't told me is if it's possible to charge the correct amount. From what I've seen it's impossible to do that. Can anyone confirm that please ?

Tramps like us,
Baby we were born to run....

Bruce Springsteen
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Listing on US site

The same rules apply on the Australian site, for certain categories there is an upper limit on flat rate postage. The work round is to offer calculated postage but that doesn't work if you are listing on the US site as you can only quote US postal services. You would probably be best to list on the Aus site with international postage given.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Listing on US site

One has to ask...why bother listing a CD on the US site and not simply list it here on the AU site. The main reason you see for australian items listed on US site is so the seller can bypass the AU rules of putting a reserve price on items that you are not allowed to do on the AU site (outside of property and vehicles) Other than that, there is no real reason for listing on the US site. Some will say there is a bigger audience there however, ebay buyers DO search worldwide.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Listing on US site

You are correct - there isn't much advantage in listing most CDs on the US site. I rarely list there but the it's a rare CD even in Australia. I have given up and listed it here with another ID. It seems to be impossible to list a CD in the US unless you want to charge up to $3.00 for postage and lose money. They should only apply the restriction to Americans. Maybe they can't or don't want to. Thank you for the responses.

Tramps like us,
Baby we were born to run....

Bruce Springsteen
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply