MC010 restriction for new seller

selvanivet
Community Member

Hi,

I opened an ebay account and list an item on the same day but the listing was removed and received the message.

Hello xxxxx,

Thanks for selling on eBay. It's important that we speak with you about recent activity on your account. Because of this activity:
- We've temporarily restricted your selling privileges until you call us to verify your account.
- Any active or pending listings have been removed. You can see a list of removed items below. 

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact us within the next 48 hours at this link (you may be asked to sign in):
http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au

Here are the listings we removed:
xxxx - Water Filter

Can anyone help me how can go forward? 

I am new to ebay, don't know how to go forward.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It's a fairly standard procedure to verify your account, especially as it's new.

Contact ebay on the info given or select customer support top right.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks, I will call ebay and get the info verfied.

one more question, please clarify if you know.

I am receiving 100 laptop bags from my supplier next month by which I want to get my eBay account is up and running.

I don’t think I can list them all as I am a new seller and there may restriction / limitation on me.

Do you think by upgrading my account to basic store will increase my listings limit or my performance will decide that selling 10 increase that to 20, to 30 ….

Please clarify, if you could, thanks in advance 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

When you have a store you can have 1 listing with a quantity of 100 which will simply count down as they are sold.

But with a store you pay a monthly fee even if you don't sell anything.

Have a read of stores - http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/store-getstarted.html

If the bags are different or different colours you can list many. You will still have a limitation of 10 listings to begin with until you get some sales behind you. But it's a good way to start.

Also check on listings with variations, not all categories have them but can be useful - http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/listing-variations.html

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

New sellers are usually restricted to 10 items a month, this can sometimes be increased to 100 if you add a credit card to your account.

Selling one new item in high quantities on a new account with little or no selling feedback is going to be an uphill battle. Usual advice is to start off selling second hand goods from around the house so you get an idea of how everything works and build up feedback before investing in stock.

I hope you have done your homework and are able to compete price and quality wise with established sellers.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply