Managed Payments

rossi18
Community Member

HI ,

Im a very spasmodic seller - and found I had to go on Managed Payments - Im cool with that but I am quite confused

So my item sold and funds are showing processing ( here's my questions)

Does that mean I am safe to post the item ?

How long does it go from processing to available ?

I am on daily payments - does that mean every day  any available funds are transferred to my bank account ?

I have available funds that have been sitting there for 2 days but havn't gone anywhere - do I have to do something to get my money ?

Mainly concerned about posting item - don't want delay to the buyer

Thanks - I did try reading but got more confused

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Managed Payments

The best way to look at this is the way another site does it (same process, just labeled differently).

Buyer pays, money goes to your account and is basically a "held" balance. This means buyer has paid, and the item is safe to post. Then the money shifts from that basic "received" status, to an "available for deposit" balance. (This means you essentially have two running balances - a total of money received, and a total of money available for deposit into your account). 

eBay has stated that they guarantee funds that have cleared to them will clear to the seller (in that the payment itself won't bounce or fail, i.e. it's not like a PayPal echeque, where the payment status is only known at the end when it clears or fails - on eBay a payment that hasn't cleared is a payment pending not a payment processing).

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Managed Payments

Yes, as soon as eBay advises you to post item (buyer has paid) you send the item.

It may take a few days for funds to be transferred, but it will come through to your nominated account.

Funds will be daily except for weekends and Public Holidays as with any bank

As far as I know the funds transfer automatically - you are not required to do anything else

Remember also that eBay's fee (fvf) will be deducted from the payment, so no more monthly charges unless you have a store

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Managed Payments

rossi18
Community Member

Thank heaps Katistrophik appreciate your response

So even though money is "processing" it is safe to mail the item ?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Managed Payments

So long as eBay have told you to send it.

When they advised your buyer has paid, they should have also advised - 'you may now send the item' or something along those lines.

Don't send if eBay have not notified you of the buyers payment

Where are you looking to see it is processing ?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Managed Payments

rossi18
Community Member

Where are you looking to see its processing ?

Myebay - selling/sold/accounts/payments

On the Accounts page - under payments

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Managed Payments

The best way to look at this is the way another site does it (same process, just labeled differently).

Buyer pays, money goes to your account and is basically a "held" balance. This means buyer has paid, and the item is safe to post. Then the money shifts from that basic "received" status, to an "available for deposit" balance. (This means you essentially have two running balances - a total of money received, and a total of money available for deposit into your account). 

eBay has stated that they guarantee funds that have cleared to them will clear to the seller (in that the payment itself won't bounce or fail, i.e. it's not like a PayPal echeque, where the payment status is only known at the end when it clears or fails - on eBay a payment that hasn't cleared is a payment pending not a payment processing).

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Managed Payments

I am in a similar position and have had two chat sessions on it.  You do have to do a few things to get your funds off ön hold".  These include ticking the goods picked up blue box.  (hidden in the sellers page) and you need to get your buyer to send an email with a positive message about receiving goods and their condition.  These actions may or may not release your funds from the 21 days or 90 days hold. 

One could be forgiven for thinking the design of this process is meant to foster delay of getting funds to sellers after they have handed over their goods.  The other problem is that there is frequent mention of providing tracking evidence of sending goods.  Given so many, including me, put "pick up only"in their ads, this requirement is very hard to meet. 

There are many flaws in this system which seems increasingly geared to shops and big sellers rather than the occasional small seller.  

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply