Monthly Selling Limit and ebay Store - Do they mix well?

webbuddy
Community Member

I am considering opening an ebay shop, but I like to hear your opinions...

I have a monthly selling (listing) limit of 100 items. If I open an ebay shop that means I can only list 100 items per month still.

For a lot of people only a small fraction of their listed items eventually sell AND receive payment.

So is it a good idea to really pay and open an ebay shop? I have a few hundred things I can sell but apparently ebay thinks I am not good enougn and not acquired good experience so I am a risk to the ebay community - so my selling limit is not going to change until I have more experience. To gain more experience I need to sell more and received more positive reviews. Given the current clearance ratio it could mean decades or forever to have the selling limit will be reviewed and eased.

Like a lot of good and honest sellers I think the selling limit, while in good intention, is a massive insult to those good sellers out there, including those with thousands of 100% positive feedback.

Just want to see what's your opinion on this. Is ebay smart by imposing such a strict selling limit so good sellers feel insulted and ebay is missing out lots of potential sales? Is selling limit deterring a lot of potential sellers wanting to open an ebay shop?

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Monthly Selling Limit and ebay Store - Do they mix well?

Selling limits are good.

You need to learn how to walk before you run.

The limits give you the opportunity to learn how to work effectively, make changes with the aim of mastery.

The limits also look after the new seller. If they make mistakes or need to tweak their operations, it is better to have problems with a limited number of listings rather than hundreds all at once.

Learn how to work perfectly with a small number fine tuning every aspect. Then increase and expand.

If your listings are not moving then there is something wrong. You either need to change your strategies or your product.

Better to tweak 100 items and minimizing money or reputation loss than try and manage an unlimited amount with no experience under your belt.

The restrictions limit your chance for failure and increase your chance for success.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 2
Latest reply