Multiple IDs - combined postage. Advice needed.

Hi all

Having read on this forum thats it ok to hold two selling IDs, I went and started listing on a second ID linked to the same PayPal account as my original selling ID.

I have many regular customers and I am sure that at least some of them will want to purchase from me under both IDs once they discover my second ID. They may well expect a postage discount when purchasing from both IDs.

Can I offer this? What are the protocols?

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

There is no facility on eBay to combine sales from two different IDs on one invoice, so the only way you would be able to handle it is reducing the postage on each individual invoice, you will have to be wary of that, though, as if you send an invoice for one lot of items with 0 P&H (so that the other invoice is the only one with postage costs), it would be possible for the buyer to only pay for the 'free post' items.

The one alternative is to invoice directly from PayPal - you will have to generate a manual invoice, put in all the necessary details (eg eBay item numbers and a description), then a single, combined postage cost. Some buyers are a little wary of not using the ebay checkout, but if they are regulars you may be able to explain to their satisfaction that it's on the level (i.e. still well within eBay policies, and doesn't compromise their protection). 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thanks - thats really helpful!
Cheers
Andrew
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply